Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Three new plans unlimited calls, texts and 5G data

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Out of interest, where are 48 saying this or what are they saying?

As in will it still be manually changing APN settings or other settings, or automatic roaming be possible?

On 48 yself but strongly considering moving to 3due to the pain of roaming in UK.

Data speeds are also poor.

Has anyone tried roaming with 48 recently? I haven't since August but it was a nightmare then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

i did last weekend. Stayed beside Stansted Airport and for a change it said 4g. Rather than 3g the other 5 times ive been in UK this year. One speed test was decent but it fluctuated and 3g became more common. It worked but in the hotel the poor wifi was more reliable

Cheers. Thats great.

And did the roaming kick in automatically or was there the usual messing about with settings?

Messing with settings. Turning phone off and turning airplane mode on for twenty seconds etc

Cheers,

I'd still be inclined to leave unless they sort out an automatic roaming option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

I got 4G in Spain and France two weeks ago (see https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119630119/#Comment_119630119) but I had to change the roaming profile in the SIM Menu for it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just back from France. Had no roaming with 48. Was in Gran Canaria in July and also no roaming. No roaming in Gran Canaria last year either. Currently on the look out for a switch. Heading to the UK next weekend and if I have no roaming over there it'll be a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Post mobile is back working properly and I am getting great 4G speeds. 15 for a calendar month.

50Gb suits people with home wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

My Post Mobile Data speeds are still hit and miss. I'm probably going to port away from it.

Mine haven't missed a beat since issues were resolved a few weeks ago. Getting 100+ at times too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Does anyone have problem to register online on 3 site?

Put my email and pass but email from 3 is not coming at all.

I switched 2 numbers,used 2 different emails.1st registration went fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

How did u sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Could you use this sim in a mobile router for home broadband ?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Connrang

Saw this a few weeks ago and decided to move a number to 3.....that was the 9th of September, after about 15 attempts I cannot port my number over from GoMO. Both sides blame the other, now trying to cancel my move and that's just as bad. Frustrating to say the least....

I gave up trying to port to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ACAandCTA

Yes, works fine in a 4G home router (SIM card)... 5G routers are pretty expensive still, I'm sure would work in it too.

Just need to make sure your router is unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Can auto renew be set up for this or do you have to top up every 28 days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

Just tested 15e three prepaid plan. In phone and 4g router speeds are limited to 10mbs. Most of the day speeds are 5mbs, very slow. And last month on 20e preapid plan I was getting much faster 4g in phone and in router(10-90mbs)

5g is very fast. I am getting between 250mbps and 800mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

You can schedule a top up every 28 days on the 3 website or app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

FYI, the Hero plan offer is due to end on 31st October as per terms on three website

https://www.three.ie/legal/terms.html

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hideki99235

For those on 48, I have been abroad a few times recently.

To get the roaming to kick in I have had to Settings - Sim Applications - When abroad and click automatic update in there.

Might also take a couple of switch on and offs and aeroplane mode on and off.

Definitely a huge pain as I had no idea how to do it first time and had no roaming for 2 days first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

I was in Lithunia toward and of September and romaing was finally 4G....Was pleasently surprised!

Switching to lyca sim for the home interent at €10 a month for unlimited data. Had been on 48 in a 4G router, speed varied between20 and 100 mb/s, had to switch out the sims every 3 weeks or so when used 100GB. So will be much the same price as the €7.99 per 100gb of 48 data but with less hassle. 5G router arrives tomorrow...they are pricey! Hopefully good performance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Are three actually charging for checking voicemail????? I merged with my wife on the family deal and looked and saw a charge, we are bill pay 35 euro a month. Absolute lunacy if they are charging for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Have you a link please can't see on website. On go mo with a limit

I can't see them ending this offer on 31st Oct, it was a very short timeframe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

In the Canaries in Dec '21,Feb '22 and now for work.On 48 for personal phone.Had to adjust settings this trip to get roaming but texts and calls were ok off the plane.Signal is 4G all the time day and night on GC,Lanzarote and Fuerteventura on current trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Yep it was on the homepage on my phone... Only for a year, then up to €20. If decent speed though I might stick with it

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I don't have to top up every month on the hero plan, do I? I know on months I don't top up, I'd have no service but I want to get the sim and wait on porting my number from 48 as I've got another month service on 48 from the 5th November to the 5th December and I want to get the 3 sim now.

• Advertisement

I changed to 3 on saturday. The man in store said just a minimum top within 6 months to keep the lime active. But when 28 days runs out youll be able to receive calls if you dont top up

Advertisement