Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solar PV savings estimation, have I gone wrong?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,897 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You won't be self using anywhere near 100% of your production, not even with twice the size of battery you are planning, EVs at home and immersion diversion and a lot of self discipline. Couple of good days in a row, your cars will be full, your water hot, battery full and you will feed over 5kW directly to the grid for the whole day. Also your production estimate is way too high. If you had a 7.2kW inverter, you would make your 7MWh per year if the array is pure south facing in one of the better parts of Ireland for PV (like Dublin area, or the south east). But you are not getting a 7.2kW inverter presumably just a 6kW one. Also why buy Victron? They are overpriced for what they are and do not have Irish certification afaik

As @KCross said, do the sums again and also without battery. With the generous FIT recently proposed, your pay back period is going to be shorter without one, unless you buy very well and DIY. Also with feeding in, by definition you will financially use every single kWh of your production

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That’s exactly what I have, the ME is an inverter too. On a clear sunny day 15kW is possible, 2x6kW from PV inverters and 3kW from battery inverter. Enjoy an electric shower and plenty of headroom to charge an EV, work the oven etc

Advertisement