Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you shower?

Options
  • 01-09-2022 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

3 to 4 times a week myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭thedart

Once a day, don’t forget to pull back the foreskin and wash yer Mickey. Ladies no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

And we're off! 🤣🤣

Everyday for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,495 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Only dirty people wash 🤣😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I can't afford the electric shower anymore so I harvest rain water, part boil it to tepid and stand naked on a towel in my bathroom with a yellow sponge getting into every sweaty crevice.

Job done in three minutes.

I allow myself the luxury of washing my hair every second week using the emersion.

If it's very cold to stand in the draughty bathroom, the baby wipes are a last resort.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Well la di da a 3 minute shower and us peasants can’t afford 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Every morning without fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭BrianD3

When I was working I used to shower 2 or 3 times per week. Now that I'm stuck at home due to family circumstance it's barely once a week.

I'm not a smelly fcuker though as I wash the strategic areas at the sink with a sponge everyday.

A lot of people waste a lot of water and energy heating water and showering more often than necessary. An example of sheeple behaviour "OMG, you, loike, HAVE to shower, twice a day OMG" plus buying various products (glorified soaps)and lotions and constantly washing and drying towels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Daily ya dirty pig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Every morning +1 when I've engaged in a physical activity that produces bodily fluids. Max 1 minute showers with a bar of good quality soap that lasts weeks, no plastics for the last five years. Exceptions made for seaweed baths in seawater when surfing West.

Saulgoodman.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I dont always shower every day. I just make sure to wash the 4 key areas. Armpits, arse, crotch and teeth. I find I save a lot of time by using the same brush on all 4 areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

With the current hit spells twice a day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I can smell the stink of peoples arses here that don’t shower every day.

Animals.

Lack of showering makes Mickey time flaccid

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Every morning, without fail, and occasionally a quick cool shower on a summer's evening too. I like to feel and smell clean. If some people feel sufficiently clean without a daily shower, that's entirely a matter for themselves (and also a matter for those who have to be around them), and none of my business.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

once a week, whether I need to or not

Nearly every day.

Until you have to endure that cheesy moist pre cum stale odour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭chicorytip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,812 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Daily. For hygiene purposes but it wakes me up a bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

After exercise, so sometimes 3x a day, usually twice, sometimes once.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ratatouille99

Every evening, and maybe once in the day if I've been working out

I shower a lot more than you do, but I agree with your last paragraph. There is some brainwashing going on imo. At the moment with going out for walks a lot and the weather being fairly warm still, I have to shower daily, but when it's cold in a few weeks and I won't be going out for walks as much, AND I'm working from home, I won't need a shower every day. And my skin, which gets very dry, will benefit - although two days of a gap is my absolute max. Two or three showers a day seems OCD though. Maybe some people get smelly really easily?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

2 or 3 showers a day over a prolonged period is a bad idea. It disrupts your skins natural oils and ability to regulate its own suppleness and moisture.

It may sound counter intuitive, but water is very drying and no artificial cleanser yet invented is superior to your own body's ability to expel dirt and toxins.

Ask any competition swimmer what they have to go through to keep their skin in good condition. Its not just the chlorine that takes a toll, but the constant rinsing off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My yearly wash is coming up this month. I wash once a year the night before my Birthday.

Ah no at the minute I wash once a week. Trim the beard every week before the shower and trim my hair every second week.

When I used to go jogging I'd wash after the jog so maybe three times a week back then.

Mind you I did come home from a drive one hot day this summer and stripped off when I got home and went in for a shower. I was soaked in sweat and it was a relief in that cold shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lovely SHOWER outisde right now.. Hate showers though,, a hot deep bath every time,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

I've psoriasis and can't sleep unless I've showered, my skin would be itching all over if I didn't shower, am odd night I might chance it but I never sleep as well if I don't shower because my skin starts to itch like a muddafcuka

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I shower every evening. I like going to bed feeling spotlessly clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 MV33

Every Morning or around Lunchtime

Advertisement