Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen chip repair north Dublin?

Options
  • 01-09-2022 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have two or three windscreen chips (size of a 5c coin) on my windscreen. Can’t claim from insurance as have not windscreen cover!

emailed aoutoglass and they quoted €90? Is this reasonable or is there anywhere cheaper I could go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭thebiglad

That doesn't sound too bad for 3 repairs but you can try Mr Windscreen for an alternative price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I would have thought €90 was good. A new windscreen is a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

I got that amount quoted for a chip the size not much bigger that the size of a tip of a pen, so for 3 5cent sizes seems reasonable

Even with windscreen insurance, whilst it might be coveted, some policies count it as a claim for NCD bonus protection, or if moving insurance you have to disclose all claims even for windscreen repair.

I have not as yet got around to getting mine fixed, but for the price I was quoted doesn't seem to make sense to claim, if it could have an affect on future premiums

Advertisement