Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Autumn 2022 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Beautiful morning in Galway City and the drive back to Meath. More overcast now but so calm.

See Damian Browne waiting for the right wind conditions to row into Galway Bay after a solo row from New York; having started the adventure across the Atlantic in June 😮

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Amazing achievement. I thought he was due in around Wed/Thurs

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely Autumn day to be outdoors, great sunshine this morning checking for wild mushrooms in the garden with the youngsters, a bit cloudy in the afternoon with some mist on the coast but cleared and had sunshine for the evening. Got up to 16C. Farmer with fields across from me busy making bales this evening, been fine growth the last few weeks with plenty of rain but the ground is still firm enough for working on it. Glad to get my own grass cut too before the wet week coming in.

Pic from this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

October..the earliest month of the autumn/winter season I remember snow lying towards month's end. Probably an Sryan question but have we ever had lying snow in September reported?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Probably not on low ground but I wouldn't be surprised if the Sperrins had some in 1919. Met É do mention snow has been reported in September before. The only Septembers I am aware of with snow in lowland UK are 1885 and 1919.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭appledrop

Bye bye September you won't be missed, beautiful autumn shinshine today.

Great day spent in park hunting for conkers, and we found plenty of blackberries aswell.

Sure what more could you want.

Last time I remember snow in October was 27th October 2018. Was very early in the morning, only temporary slight accumulation on cars,grass and roofs. Bit of altitude made a bit of difference though, here’s 150m that morning

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

Thanks ufasach and sryan. I remember snow late October 2008 lying as far south as Laois, on the hills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wondrously wild windy weather; I just stood by the gate with my eyes closed revelling in the wind , Autumn is my favourite season by far..

West Mayo offshore

My freezer is ... jam -packed... with blackberries. Started juicing ..It was a phenomenal season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Shocking day here in Donegal, it's strange that ME didn't issue a rain warning.

Wednesday yellow wind warning for Armagh,Antrim,Derry,Tyrone,Fermanagh and Down.

Some interesting commentary with the warning the met office just issued for Wednesday. Chance for the first named storm of the season.

There is a chance of a deep low pressure system bringing gusts of 70 to 80 mph to northern parts of the UK on Wednesday. Should this develop disruption would be expected. However, the most likely scenario is for gusts of 55 to 65 mph within parts of the warning area, most likely the northern Irish Sea and parts of eastern Scotland, bringing some more localised impacts. In addition, heavy rain may prove an additional hazard across northwestern areas.

It be real wild out here now! I had forgotten how loud the wind gets....

West Mayo Offshore

Status Yellow - Rain warning for Donegal, Galway, Mayo

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Heavy rainfall tonight (Monday night), and for a time on Tuesday morning may cause localised flooding.

Valid: 22:00 Monday 03/10/2022 to 05:00 Tuesday 04/10/2022

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A windy but very warm night with Newport Co.Mayo 18 degrees at 9pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Extremely mild out currently

Hard heavy rain all the night long. driven by powerful winds.

It has been many a month since I went to bed wearing ear plugs,,,

Still deluging

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Feels like the remnants of hurricane Ian!

I never thoughtt of that! Could it be even marginally true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

September rainfall at Durrow was 142.1mm - a total of 2.0mm more than the combined three months of Summer 2022. Payback I guess!

• Advertisement

Met office completely removed Wednesday’s wind warning for the North an hour ago. Met Éireann were never on board with it.

Wettest week for quite some time. Heavy persistence rain on and off since last week. Rain battering off the window again. Plenty of fields flooded but nothing serious. Autumn has arrived.

Wind song and rain melody.. Blessedly familiar in this autumn unto winter season. Wild and wet. All is well

West Mayo offshore.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Grand day in Tralee , good levels of sunshine with a few showers, mild and breezy. High of 17.3C and still a mild 15.5C, windy on the coast this evening with sand blowing.

Pic: Banna Beach about 19.15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭esposito

That’s a stunning pic of Banna beach. Haven’t been there in ages. Must pay a visit soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Billcarson

A trend showing up recently is for much cooler weather around mid month. Would feel very autumnal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭appledrop

One thing I've noticed since October started is that feels very mild at night for time of year.

I had heating on more in Sept in evening than I do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Kutebride

14⁰ here after midnight but a blustery night makes it feel colder. Meath; with a search and rescue taking place at the moment sadly along the river boyne.

Heavy at times prolonged showers today and heavy persistent rain for hours now with a blustery wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭pauldry

Wev had 43mm of rain so far in October in Sligo. Could get to 200mm by month end. We'll see. Lots of unsettled spells coming.

Advertisement