Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Assassin's Creed Megathread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,710 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Picked up Mirage today. Got €47 cash in CEX for MK1, and Mirage was only €55 in Smyths so worth a punt at that price.

Have only just finished the prologue, so not fair to judge it yet, but initial impressions are not great. The characters are poor, even comparing to the PS4 Pro version of Odyssey it feels like a step down in terms of quality and effort. Character movement is choppy but I assume that'll get better as you upgrade. Facial animations are a step down too. It feels unfinished or rushed.

Still very early days, so hoping it will improve.

OK, yeah, the movement is already annoying me to rage quit. Dope keeps getting stuck or making massive dives towards things I'm not even looking at. You'd think they'd have it figures iut adter 12 main games...

In good news, Ubi have bagged the beautiful Morena Baccarin as the guide for Nexus (and VR, yum!):

• Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Ezio is my favourite Assassin's Creed character.

I just cannot get into Mirage. I feel like I'm playing a remaster of an old game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah kind of feel that too. Combat is terrible, basically forcing you into stealth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

A games had already dropped off in quality by the last Ezio game.

After AC3 I vowed not to give them any more of my money.

Hard to think back to the excitement surrounding the launch of AC1 in 2007, yeah it was kinda janky but it was a fresh idea with lots of potential but like the Krusty-burglar before it, AC was quickly beaten to a bloody pulp by it's own developer (stop he's already dead).

AC2 and Brotherhood remain the only two AC games I'd consider to be any good and Brotherhood released in 2010, that leaves a lot of of sub standard games over thirteen years and notably a lot of rushed to market patched into oblivion sh1t shows to boot.

There's no saving a franchise as over worked as AC apart from giving it a real break of a good number of years and coming back with something as remarkable as the original game was when it released.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,019 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Isn't that kind of intentional though? It's a stealth game. You should have enough combat skills to be able to survive for a bit when fighting, but the aim should be to create an opening to run and escape/hide. Later AC games got to the point where the combat was far easier than the stealth and so you could pretty much just rock into a fort and take everyone down through combat.

I think I just got so used to Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla where you could just ignore stealth altogether. When I get swarmed now I just lob down a poisoned smoke bomb, just make sure not to use it next to civilians.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,019 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, it's why as much as I loved Odyssey, it felt so little like Assassin's Creed due to the combat as you were basically superhuman. Even if you tried being stealthy, if you were caught and the alarm was raised you had so many tools and powers at your disposal that you could still stand your ground and take out half a fort worth of enemies (and even bounty hunters who might arrive) through combat.

I think one thing Mirage is missing is option for having bow and arrow. In Ghost of Tsushima that was my go to for stealth, head shorting guards from a distance. I know you can increase range of throwing knives but bow would have been better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The sunsets in Mirage are beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I do miss the bow and arrow as I find the throwing knifes a bit sh!te, wouldn't be a fan of the combat either so have been doing mainly stealth kills. The game was very glitch and laggy this evening especially using fast travel things went pixel mad

In better news there is a breed of cat with the AC logo on its face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭brady12

Syndicate very good . Prob be finished it before Spiderman 2 .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Ridley

I suspect Mirage's stealth over combat is a deliberate inversion of Valhalla's combat over stealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nice, I just want to get that one miss-able achievement without starting back up from scratch!

NG+ is always good for that :)

Advertisement