Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email address change

Options
  • 31-08-2022 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

So my original thread has been archived without a response from @Boards.ie: Niamh and my 2 emails sent to the ‘hello’ address have gone unanswered.

a mistake of my own making, but even still I have no access to the site to post apart from here and cannot change the email address back to the old one. Surely it’s a relatively small change to make for an administrator? I appreciate there are bigger fires to fight but it’s been quite a long time since I first raised the issue, some kind of response around my options would be appreciated.

short version; stupidly and mistakenly switched email address on my account to an address I don’t control and so can’t verify and so ideally I need to get it switched back to the old address or at least to one I have access to :)

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Admittedly it was probably me that archived it based on the last post date as part of a large batch. I'll notify @Boards.ie: Niamh about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Thanks Spear I appreciate it. As I said, I know it's a problem of my own making but it would be good to get it resolved if possible.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi @Iago,

I replied to your emails from hello@boards.ie on 25th July and also on 29th August so I am not sure why you haven't seen those. In them I asked you to let me know what the current email address on your account is even if you do not have access to the email address itself. If you are still logged into the account you can see the email address listed on your profile page (I'm assuming it's something you made up and don't necessarily remember). If you can confirm that address by email or PM to me I can update to the correct email address for you.

Hi @Boards.ie: Niamh thanks for taking the time to respond. I’ve no idea what happened to your mails, but I never received them. Nonetheless, I appreciate you making the effort.

I’ve sent an email confirming the email address currently on the profile (can’t use pm at the moment) so hopefully you receive it and we can close this off. Thanks again for your help.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Great @Iago I have updated your email address and emailed you back - just posting here as well in case you are still not receiving emails from hello@boards.ie. You should be back to normal user features right away. If not, please let me know. Thanks!

• Advertisement

Thanks @Boards.ie: Niamh all seems to be working now. Appreciate your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 watch your six

Hi i have not been able to post and have been told to mention it to your your link.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Advertisement