Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW5 Match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sanchez never got the third save

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Got Gross, Sanchez and Rodrigo in on my WC. Apologies to all the Diaz owners for what inevitably happens tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Lads inn absolute freefall

Brought in Dunk tonight, another miss score.

i don’t know what to do with the team!

OR 6mil before tonight .. plummeted even further

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Only just tuning in now, the James news is certainly welcome as I have Andreas 1st bench. Didnt make the mistake of leaving Mitro on the bench this week and he repaid. I know a few here got burnt by him a few seasons back but with goals now v Liverpool, Arsenal and Brighton he is in red hot form, will continue playing him no matter who the opposition is until the goals dry up.

Only downside was I took a -4 to shift Mount to Dias and I bought Lavia to fund it, of course he scores while sitting 2nd on my bench. Though if Haaland doesnt play tomorrow night then happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

2 weeks ago I brought in dasilva - 2 blanks and then dropped.

last week I brought in Rodrigo - blank and then injured

This week I brought in Saliba - you all know how this is going to go :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

10 from 4 tonight, which includes the 6 Andreas is giving me off the bench. I didn't bother selling James, so I'm hoping the lack of a -4 or -8 hit saves me in the LMS leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Gross and Rodrigo for -4 got me 3. 😫

What sort of team you got? There are so many teams this season that it's hard to get out of the millions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Armband on Salah is now a differential....

Salah EO 78%

Haaland 155%

Similar EO around my rank, 300k. Come on Mo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

6(-4) from 4

Fukkin hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

First time logging on since the "upgrade" to the site and the first time playing fpl in years (since 2018 I think).

Gotten a lot quieter here, used to be at least 20 pages on a matchbday, especially midweek matches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

11 points from 4 (including 1pt dasilva to come in for James)

Will prob drop heavily this week. Was about 490+k OR at the after gw4, just hoping to win motm on mini league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Unless Haaland doesn’t play and everyone has Salah VC

Haaland will play some part, I was just going with who would more than likely get more minutes on the field.

Looking around rye leagues this morning, not many with double digit scores, the odd player had Sterling, Mitro or Gordon and that's about it. Andreas first sub for so many so a nice 6 pointer to come in for James etc. pending the correct amount defenders on the pitch.

I agree I think Haaland will start but with all the talk I ended up going with Jesus as captain - if Haaland bangs in a hatrick and Jesus blanks I’ll be annoyed (more so if Sarah does)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Radio chatter saying Nkeitah may start tonight which could potentially mean a benched Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I was hoverng over a Jesus captaincy at home to a woeful Villa but chickened out and played it safe with Haaland. It think he is captained by around 50% of all players so if he delivers a cameo 1 pointer tonight it will throw the game into a bit of chaos, probably a good thing overall

A Jesus benching gives me 6 points Andreas bar a 1 point cameo so won't be too worried.

Is it time to start getting ourselves a 3rd bench option who is not a 4.5m forward and upgrade to a Mitro etc due to mid weeks games and some more rotation coming up? But with 5 subs, there is going to be plenty of 10/20 min cameos I feel also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

i agonized over captain this week between Erling, mo and Jesus. Eventually picked mo after the captains thread spooked me, would be funny if mo was the only one to play, i'm not sure if i'd be happy or sad.Weird

• Advertisement

I'd say it's more likely Martinelli could be rotated, Jesus on wing and Nketiah up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,432 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Zinchenko was pictured training. I wonder is he fit enough for the bench? Hopefully not as I have Andreas first sub.

I'd take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,432 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sounds like Alvarez is starting.

What that means for Haaland is unsure as it could be CF or RW.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If Haaland is benched, captainers shouldn't panic. If City race ahead, he'll stay benched. It's normally how Pep does these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Haaland starts

Haaland starts with Alvarez as i thought he might - raging now that went with the rumours

KdB benched - sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,697 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Bailey starts, of course he does.

Coutinho and Ings dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Gerrard has absolutely no idea what his best team is. Villa are a hard avoid, and anyone selling Bailey did the right thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

No kdb, have serious no captain Haaland fear now

Advertisement