Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Religious Fanaticism with Hallucinations

Options
  • 29-08-2022 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Would like an opinion.

My wife was never religious nor went to mass. Then two years after marriage in 2017 she 'found God'. Since then she has progressively become more and more obsessed with Jesus and all things religion.

She goes to mass everyday. Is basically in constant prayer. Praying at a minimum every two hours. Reading the Bible or religious material throughout the day and for an hour before bed. Wears a scarf on her head in church. Only wears long skirts (women should not wear jeans or trousers). Believes women should not work. Etc etc etc

Now she has started having 'visions' (hallucinations). At least four since April. She has even written them down in detail. (She doesn't know I know) Including a sketch of a demon she saw.

One vision where she 'saw' a bleeding heart with thorns 5 metres wide that burst into a bright light. Another where she saw Jesus on a cross bleeding, the blood dropping to the ground and then she is floating above the ground looking down into a crater where she sees a demon with a pointed nose and sharp teeth. Another where she 'heard a voice' asking her "are you going to fast for me today?"

We have two young children under 6. She speaks about God and Jesus to them multiple times each day. First thing in the morning and last thing at night. Prayers before meals and prayers on knees before bed.

I could go on and on but I'll stop here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

You need to speak to your family GP and get her help. The visions are a total break from reality and could get worse.

If I were you I would not leave her alone with the children if it can be avoided, just in case she zones out while she is on her own with them - you simply don’t know how long these episodes last.

Don’t challenge her or her reality and get help. This isn’t something you can sort out on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OP speak with her priest? he may have no idea and wil be used to this ...

Advertisement