Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW5 Transfer thread, deadline Tuesday 6pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thinking zinchenko digne maddison out.

Estupinan saliba sterling in for -4. Estupinan looked very attacking for brighton at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Transfers done...here we go! (🙄)

Zinchenko and Useless Leicester Keeper #2 out.

Saliba and Sanchez in....fairly meh seems a bit early to go too far off piste

Just a heads up for anyone dumping Iversen for Sanchez (or other keeper)....don't forget to actually put them in the starting XI....checked mine there and Ward was still starting !! 😱😱

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Still torn on what to do with 2FT, was set to dump Saka but think Arsenal could hammer Villa. Really want Zaha but no news on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Same here, want Zaha to replace JWP. Might go with Gross for now and update to Zaha next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Reece James not seen in any training photos. Could be nothing but might be worth holding off on transfers closer to the deadline for news/leaks

I was keeping Neto for this week as Bournemouth have been horrendous. With Parker out, I think I’ll get rid of Neto this week for Gross

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Neto one last chance for me. I took out Bruno G and put in Gross.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Two free transfers...any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Lads whats the story with Zinchenko is he gone for long?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Med101007

Still undecided on this, might just do Zinchenko to Saliba. Give one last chance to Mount & Neto. Really want to replace Mount for Diaz but cant afford to take the -4 as I'm too far behind on my workplace league table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

My issue with this is who do you get? I have three city so can't go KDB, Bruno got a goal but United looked poor v Southampton. Son looks out of sorts. Sterling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Dier to Saliba & Ramsdale to Sanchez/Guiata, frees up 1m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

With rumours that James is out tonight, and rotation risk of Haaland, the bench could be important, so think wisely on the order of players

Haven't got a strong bench so not sure what to do with James. I have 1FT left, I'm considering James to Cucurella or Saliba but not 100% sure if it's worth shipping him out

• Advertisement

It’s annoying not knowing why he’s rumour to be out - if it’s a 2/3 week injury or just a precaution. I may just play him and let the bench come on and reevaluate when get more info later in week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

Gone for Sterling in for Salah with my free transfer leaving me with 3.1mill in the bank to upgrade elsewhere or maybe reverse my decision if it proves really stupid over the next couple of game weeks. Prefer to have an attacker up against Southampton this week rather than up against Newcastle who have looked to be improving. Sterling has had fairly good returns for a number of seasons now and with potentially more game time at Chelsea I'm hoping the move works out. I know Salah will still get some goals and assists but think its worth a punt that Sterling may get some good points and the 3.1mill could go a good way towards improving my team somewhere else.

Ive gone for Saliba instead of Zinchenko.

----------Sanchez----------

--Cancelo----Saliba-----Perisic--

Sterling--DeBruyne--Martinelli--Perreira--Kulusevski

----------Haaland-----Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

I just did it to Saliba, my bench was also looking shaky so I couldn't afford not to with the potential rotation upcoming

• Registered Users Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭munster87

Brought James in this gameweek. Apologies all.

• Advertisement

Ugghh...Trippier flagged now as well.

I had him benched anyway but also have James and Haaland 😬

1.1 ITB , who do I bring in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

sitting at 2.5m. oddly calm.

don't mind the James news too much, as long as there are no major twists in terms of rotation. i'll keep him in the starting XI just in case a miracle happens and the rumours are wrong.

Bailey ---> Harrison

Saka ---> Odegaard

Sanchez

Cancelo Robertson Trent James

Salah Odegaard Martinelli Harrison

Haaland Toney

Subs: Ward Andreas Patterson Archer

I had to get rid of Bailey, and Saka was the only one where I could really get someone cheaper who I liked in order to improve on Bailey. There was an argument for Robbo to someone like Saliba, but meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah same, I'm going to let Andreas sub in for him and reassess at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Word on twitter is that it's only a precaution/illness for James and that he should be back for the weekend. I'm leaning more towards keeping him now despite my weak bench. I have DaSilva from Brentford coming on who play Palace tonight.

I just know with James' haul potential, I'll be looking to buy him back anyway if I sold him today so I think I'm just going to bank the FT and ride the storm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Lads - If you had:

Zinchenko out

Trippier flagged

Son doing nothing

Neto a bust

Playing Neco Williams and DaSilva

Double Leicester dud goalies

OR rank of 3.6 million

Doubts over Haalands minutes and no bench this week by the looks of it

... would you hit the wildcard before the deadline?

if you have James, unless your bench is a catastrophe, he's a keep.

I had a lot of those players and played my wildcard 2 game ago. Best thing I could have done.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭shmeee

Watching FPL Raptor deadline stream now and showed all the sources of the James out news. Looks like he is out tonight and due to illness so for me, I've Aarsson and Andreas 1st and 2nd sub so I'll be ok going onto the Leeds asset. Pending no more issues, Haaland etc. Surely won't end up with 3 "outs"..... Archer last bench fodder sub.

So, anyone with James just arrange your bench if holding.

Used 1ft to go from Mendy to Sanchez last night so don't want to use my other FT on James as have an option for him from the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Was thinking for a-4

Out Ramsdale, Robertson and Bailey

In Sanchez, N.Williams and Dias

Worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Already done Bruno G --> Gross and have another transfer. Gross starts this week for me. Lost a bit of coin by not getting rid sooner.

I've Dasilva to come in if James doesn't start. I think I'm banking my extra transfer until next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

GW 5 - missing

GW 6 - WHU (a)

CL (a)

GW 7 - Fulham (a)

CL (h)

GW 8 - Liverpool (h)

International Break

GW 9 - Crystal Palace (a)

CL (a)

GW 10 - Wolves (h)

I see scope for selling James this GW. How many GWs does he start and score points in the next few weeks? He is always a disaster for me anyways. I might just sell and never ever buy him again!

Williams is away to Citeh so not sure on that. I have him benched for this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Look terrible to me to be honest. Ramsdale at home to Villa and Robertson at home to Newcastle are two very good fixtures, hard to see Sanchez, Williams who plays City and Dias who is not nailed beating the other two plus whoever takes the third spot in your team by more than 4 points.

Bailey is the only one of that three that's a big problem.

if you were thinking of getting rid regardless, then that's fair enough. but I wouldn't let this one game make your decision for you. every player is going to get a rest during these weeks. this will just end up being his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

but will he get rested in between the CL games also?

Chelsea should be able to get a CS against Fulham without him, and it's his best chance of a CS before the International Break. I can see Chelsea conceding against Liverpool and maybe West Ham too.

• Advertisement

Contemplated Robertson ---> Veltman and then use the funds to sort my Broja/Jacob Murphy problem after the transfer window.

Liverpool at home though...would be a silly time to get rid.

Will stay put and reassess at the weekend.

Gonna keep James as well...like @Fitz* he's always a disaster for me but I only got him in a couple of weeks ago as part of a hit so as much as I'm tempted to rage sell him now (for another hit) he can fill out my flagged bench along with Trippier and Archer.

Time for the A-Team (Andreas and Aaaaaaronson) to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Med101007

I have 0.1m ITB. Should I replace Mount & Zinchenko for Diaz & Saliba and take the -4. Hoping Diaz can have another stormer against Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yes. And with only 30 mins to go it will be a roaring success.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Newbie20

For me it would be Kane to have a very strong front 3. But then Kane gets a point less for a goal and no clean sheet so he has to score and assist more than Salah to make it worthwhile. I haven’t convinced myself yet but will keep it in mind over the next week of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

yeah, that is fair. My bench only had Nico Williams fit and playing who could well get negative points this week so I needed another body in there but will definitely be getting James back in ASAP and I had 2 transfers this week so will have 2 again for the weekend if needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Apparently trippier should be fine, I hope so anyway, transfer banked and if he is out down to bare bones with poor fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

Banked. too many uncertainties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

It is done.... can't wait for old team to outscore new team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Did Neco Williams to Cucurella.

Could really do with a Chelsea CS and some attacking points, might be a nice differential with James out...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Cucu in for James.

Didn't want to risk relying on Neco if Jonny is rotated.

Rolled transfer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement