Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The NFL Show now on ITV

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Ive just flicked on and can report that he is a god awful atrocious dose on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Laura Woods came across as genuine football fan (Lions) and seemed to have a decent knowledge of the game at the very least.

Craig has admitted he doesn't know anything about the sport and is utterly clueless. Playing ignorant to get laughs is old hack at this stage.

When Woods got the TNT job they just panicked and picked whoever was free. ITV have another year in this deal and I can't see him still there next year.

I fawn for the BBC/Mark Chapman days.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

I was away for a couple of weeks, so watched the 3 episodes yesterday and today. It’s awful, really awful. The forced “Bantz” just doesn’t work with Craig Doyle. It’s painful to watch.

It’s the only bit of NFL I get to see, so I’ll have to stick with it

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The Wembley game Jacksonville v Atlanta is (randomly) on Virgin Media 3 - in case anyone missed it in the listings.

I think Craig Doyle is settling into the anchor role now, not trying so hard or trying to pretend he knows American Football deeply, relating questions more to rugby, soccer etc

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Eeeesh.

Toy Story, Taylor Swift and Fashion Time.

This is what I was afraid of when they moved to ITV.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Reminds me a bit of Channel 4 having the late night games in 2014.

The coverage was two anoraks having detailed discussions on formations and tactics, then when they did the Superbowl it changed to 'A touchdown is worth SEVEN points, watch this video of a famous person you know'

Ah flip sake, it's been bumped for some bleedin Daily Mirror awards shìte tonight.

Fùckin ITV.

Sorry.

• Advertisement

Does Craig do the same "it's all just a big laugh" schtick when's he's covering rugby?

Like does he stand up and start stretching if they talk about, I dunno, that Boden Barrett bloke for more that 10 seconds?

That's was terrible.

Correction. You forgot to say:

With all due respect... that was terrible.

You know what I mean if you have seen the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

I don't think I can take much more of this. It really is dreadful television.

Is there anything on Youtube that's worth watching? A highlights package, or a decent analysis show from the US?

At the Broadcast Sports Awards UK...

Osi and Jason get Highly Commended in Pundit of the Year category

And Laura Woods was Sports Presenter of the Year

Winners (broadcastsportawards.co.uk)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Seamy Fitz

Agreed! I miss Chappers so much.

Accidental Partridge is going to a new level with Craig on no filter.

No Craig Doyle this week, didn't catch if they said he was on hols or anything, perhaps they've decided to just go with Osi and Jason.

I think I heard Craig say "See you next year" at the end of the last show. That's really annoying, given the stage of the season.

Advertisement