Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia nightclub bans staring at strangers without verbal consent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

The human species has clearly decided to cancel itself. About time

Nah. It's just the morons who are cancelling themselves out. Sensible people will find ways around this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Nothing. I am sure these false accusations happen already

All these kind of measures and laws that are brought in are just the real-life manifestation of Calhoun's mouse experiment. At some undetermined point in the future nobody will bother approaching the opposite sex or mating anymore despite spending more time than ever dolling themselves up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

Women are victims and need constant protecting from all the rapist men.

My wife is an attractive female (born female and identifies as a female). She is regularly almost raped badly. One guy I caught staring. If I hadn’t glared at him he was surely going to rape her.

My son is only small but it’s prob too late. He will definitely rape all around him in later life unless I break his spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭HBC08

I'd be interested.

It's always good to get the real story rather than posters on boards giving their views of the legality of this new initiative on the otherside of the world.

The AMA is probably the best part of biards,could spend hours there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

This is one nightclub in Sydney not a government rule. They seem to have a strict policy in place as it is. Don't like it go to a different nightclub. Also rule does not say its for only men. @Pauliedragon it says they will so call the police so just wondering how would they do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

It is a goverment rule that if you are asked to leave a licensed premises you have to leave end of. I was responding to comments above about being alble to sue for discrimation or get entry fee back for being kicked out. That's not how it works there. I've seen literally dozens of people think they don't have to leave when asked and police getting involved and they ended up on the wrong side of the argument every single time. Cops don't **** around over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Have you ever been thrown out ,asked to levave club.? Lucky to not get a few thumps on the way out

No what i was wondering in the article it would get the person to leave and call the police. So if the person left is there anything the police would do

Sorry I probably read ur post too quick. Doubtful cops would do anything. They would only get involved if a person was being kicked out and wouldn't go then they have to step in.

• Advertisement

No worries thanks. Also just say I be interested if there was a AMA also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mravaya

What about blind people, they have no idea if their eyes are pointing at someone's face

• Registered Users Posts: 24,919 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

“ I find your general facade intriguing and pleasing , may I have explicit expressed permission to stare at you please ? “

• Registered Users Posts: 23,860 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Maybe women shouldn't wear the kind of outfits that encourage men to stare at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Hodger

If approach someone and try chatting them up if she says she,s not Interested and the guy is kinda persistent after being no then that,s harassment, but looking at someone to at a bar or club is not harassment plus stupid rules such as this will lead to false accusations against fellows.

Some people might of heard about that tiktok video earlier this summer where a female gym user accused the trainer of being a " pervert " now if you watch the actual video he glances over her direction for about roughly two seconds and she starts of him and later uploads a video with the way she captioned it, now having stupid rules about looking at someone will likely lead to more such videos being posted falsely accusing a fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,919 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Gym thing was ridiculous…

Gym where I’m a member has numerous signs up, prohibiting camera use AND phone use. Only in the last few months… is it any wonder…

those signs appear on every notice board now with threats of revocation of membership without refund.

attention seekers like that need to be drowned in acid.

what’s the formal difference between staring and looking.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

I never approach a potential victim, sorry eh, ahem eh.. partner, without receiving a decent amount of eye gazing before hand. If someone is not engaging you with their eyes you should not bother.

The key is waiting until they are hammered.... and then the eye contact will kick off BIG phucking time, like the kind of "phuck me" eye screwing that literally says.... I want you to ride me senseless please?

If you are engaging in eye contact with a drunk partner, I would implore you to make sure that they are going to be able for the full Enchilada. Be nice with potential partners. By giving them a hour to dance it off and have a chat/flirt you will both be giving each other lots of opportunity to get the pheromones going. Tipsy giggily sex is fun and enjoyable, drunk sex isn't. There is a difference.

If she is not back from the jacks in 10 minutes do not, whatever you do, make the mistake of heading over there to see what is going on, don't bother. She is either hiding, discussing crap with her cock blocking friends or something worse that you don't reeeeallly want to know about? If there is a mad queue she will send out one of her mates to scope you out and also make sure you don't head on, always a good sign here, but try not to get off with her pals, it is a scummy thing to do and lacks class.

I have always found Aussies a bit bland anyways? Maybe Elle Macpherson? I liked Mick Dundee, he is one of the most fancied men in history. One of the largest female sexual fantasy's is getting owned by a scruffy type cowboy/pirate/bad guy, basically a bit a rough like. Although I have heard, that in their fantasy's the Alpha Rapscallion's, who they are making out with, tend to be groomed and smell nice, albeit smell can be subjective. Women love the bang of a man, but this must be fresh sweat which is emitting billions of pheromones, they think stale smells are rotten. If they don't like how you smell it is all over, they will bail in a nanosecond. I agree with this, women who stink are generally prudes in the sack... you just don't want that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

What's next, Islamic style morality police?

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

• Advertisement

There are some interesting stories about the difference in policing alcohol hare compared to over there but an AMA? I'm not so sure people would be interested. Going back to my original point the job of venue management/staff/security is already to ensure nobody feels uncomfortable in the venue so this publicity stunt is exactly that and it worked. It's made international news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

wtf has happened to Australia ?

from their mental covid approach to this ... also apparently you can be arrested if you are JOGGING without a helmet ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Can you imagine the type of person - girl or guy that would apply to be one of the monitors in a pink vest ?

I am thinking portly, unattractive - never got the shift themselves back when they were going out and are angry and bitter about it.

They'll only be happy when no one is scoring - like I said they want a new age of puritanism.

Same types that would have been wearing the Covid Marshall vests...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭GSBellew

That's still not here, or anywhere near here, completely irrelevant to us here.

Take that up with the OP then. Tell he or she only posts about Irish nightlife are allowed on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

It depends Vain. Side lurking has its benefits, it depends on the llghting and what proximity you are to a wall?

Walls are great for leaning on when you are getting closer and the potential for intimacy is becoming more and more apparent. However be wary of the type of wall. If it is painted gloss it will have most likely be dripping wet with the condensation produced from the orifices and sweat glands of everyone present in that night club..... phucking nasty altogether. If that's the case, be the gentleman and lean your back on the wall and position her out facing directly at you. This works wonders, as she has now no living thing left to focus on except you, you should be in cruise control at this point.

Personally I have always favoured the cornering technique, whereby you get your yourself to a secluded corner that gives token privacy from the rest of the venue. Remarkably many people are drawn to these spots. Any bird hanging around such shady, dimly lit areas of the club are either partially self conscious of how they look ( always compliment the dark corner brigade, they appreciate it ) .. or even better, some lurkers are literally finding a suitable lair to shift someone. If they meet you there... and don't scarper within seconds whilst looking around aimlessly like Clarice Starling in Buffalo Bill's blacked out cellar.... you are definitely into pulling any girl that hangs for more than one minute at least. If you can break the 10 minute barrier in this scenario you getting towards it being a formality. Keep the conversation nice and civil, don't get ahead of yourself and above all, try not to appear like the kind of creep that you really actually are?

I know it sounds obnoxiously contrived, but i actually think it is a wonderful tactic for puliing in nightclubs and I have enjoyed wonderful success with it over the centuries.

Finally, please note that the side approach on the dance floor does not really count. It is a cheap shot all said and you really are not being fair to yourself. Women should always be approached head on... whilst gyrating like the revved up ossified clown you are. At least 3 of your top shirt buttons should be open and never wear a jacket whilst dancing, ever. Approach with verve and tenacity, keep your head up and try to make your eyes smile with a hint of seduction. Don't hang around either, if she turns her back to you upon the first sight of your ugly leering mess, please be aware that this is not an excuse for you to start ploughing into her back whilst scrunching your nose to your lip and waving you right arm about whilst placing your other arm near her waist. Just don't do this unless you have received some level of communication with her. If a bird likes your moves on the dance floor she will retain eye contact and move closer towards you, this is a good sign, she is being receptive to your approach and wants to continue. Don't touch her until she touches you, if she likes you she will for sure. If she turns her back to you and bends over and starts trying to touch her toes try not the start any rodeo impressions , it looks awful and she is obviously hammered and has no clue how to dance. If other moths see you doing this they will think you are a pig and scratch you off the list, possibly for ever.

Good luck and enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

When you go pay to go in you should be give a T-Shirt to wear the choice being

OR

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Or...

Advertisement