Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewal or new quote

Options
  • 26-08-2022 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm already insured with Allianz. Renewal price on a Volvo XC60 is 567. Doing a new quote online with Allianz it comes to 411. That's a 27% difference.

How come the renewal is much higher. Surely I can let the insurance expire and take out the new policy done online when it expires?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭tjhook

Yes, that can be the case. There's incoming legislation to disallow penalisation of loyalty (i.e premiums creeping upwards), but I think it allows "special introduction deals". I don't think you have to wait for the insurance to expire though, I've often gone back to the same company using a quotation from their website instead of the (more expensive) renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I have done this a few years with An post...sometimes when you ring up they can match the online quote, sometime not as there are extra discounts....but you can take the new online quote with no issues, just treat it like a new company.

The only thing of concern from your post, is you say you will leave current policy expire and then setup the new policy??

Why would you do this, set up the new policy now to start on the date of you current expiry date, again as you would do with any new policy from another company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Thanks, That's what I meant, basically to roll into the new policy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Try Aviva too and add AUDI2022 in the discount code box and another 10% comes off

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I wouldn't even bother calling them to "match" the price. I'd just take out the new policy and send them back their own NCD letter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement