Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big four audit contract

Options
  • 25-08-2022 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have just received a contract with one of the big four to start in their audit department next September after having completed an internship this summer.

I’m aware that they can pursue you for exam/book fees if you leave early during your contract, but does anyone know if there are any repercussions if I contact them before the contract actually starts to tell them that I will not be joining the firm? The contract doesn’t state anything with regard to this.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Assuming they won't have paid any fees on your behalf before you start you should have no issue walking away if that's what you decide to do. If you let them pay for something and then change your mind, that's when you'll find them coming after you for money.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Since you have not signed the contract, just return it and tell them you have decided to do something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Staunton96

I have done this. Contact HR and let them know - but think it through first.

Advertisement