Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Multiple Inverter with MyEnergi Setup - CT Config

• 25-08-2022 2:07pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Howdy,

I'm hopefully coming to the end of my PV setup, I have MyEnergi products also and when it comes to CT clamps I don't have clarity in my head of their exact placement.

I've roughed up a diagram in XL below and would appreciate some comments to see if what I am moving to is correct as I don't have all the bits up and running quite yet (just the Sofar/BMS to go along with recabling)

CT1 is purely a monitoring CT and will not make any decision, just allows MyEnergi to track PV generation

CT2 is similiar, just allows MyEnergi to track battery in/out

CT3 is "functional" to allow me to move PV excess to either EDDI or Zappi (or neither if I switch both off and instead excess should flow to batteries)

CT4 is "functional" to allow me to export limit from my second Solis PV inverter, I think all I need is one Inverter to do this as the other inverter will max at 6kW so I intent to have the second one to export at zero if it "senses" exporting above 6kW

CT5 is purely a monitoring CT, just allows Sofar to track PV generation

CT6 is "functional" to allow the Sofar to push excess PV into the battery or if it senses import to allow flow from the battery to load

1. Is all above correct?
    2. Specifically, is the clamping of the tails in the correct order? This is the piece that confuses me the most
    3. Given some of the cables being clamped are very short, is there an issue with CT clamps butted up against each other? Tails in particular.
    4. Any issue with two sets of CT clamps extended on the same CAT6 cable?
    5. The potential interaction on the tails, will there be a fight?

Comments

Advertisement