Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been Coerced during an interview?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

You're away off on a tangent again. You ignore what has been said to you and try to dig up more spurious examples that still don't fit the narrative. Your constant overthinking and misconstruing everyday questions and comments is worrying to say the least.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

We are still waiting for you to come up with your actually experience. Is just another trolling thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭tinytobe

I'd say real coercion in interviews is very rare and getting rarer. In the end, they are spending time and money in sourcing candidates, and even in the case of rejection they want to keep their face, and appear fair and also avoid any litigation issues as well. All typical HR matters.

As said, the worst interview with coercion elements in it, I've had at Gartner in the UK, and that was back around 2010. They may have changed their attitude and hiring practices as well. I also had a friend, who interviewed for a similar job with them back in 2010, and he had the same experience. A bit like a "good cop bad cop" kind of interview it was out of a cheap police movie trying to cause duress and coercion.

I would doubt very much that any multinational company would be able to get away with coercion in an interview in today's world.

Advertisement