Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sister alcohol issues

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Tell her straight up that her drinking and pills is harming your father and she will have to find somewhere else to live. She'll throw a wobblier but don't argue or over make the point just tell her it is what it is and she needs to accept it. Then walk away let it slink in with her. Later tell her to go to the council and register as homeless, let them find her emergency accommodation You aren't a professional and you aren't equipped to help her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

If Rehab fails and she relapses i would use the sinclair method. My uncle used it and it worked for him after 20 years of addiction. You take a tablet before drinking and over time it reduces your desires. He eventually gave up booze on it

It's not anti buse. That's a different thing. It's the main treatment plan in Finland where its 78%effective.

It involves naltraxone but not the way it's traditionally used.

This is not snake oil. The science is there.

I have no issues with rehab but it costs a lot and rarely publishes statistics.

Same with AA. They estimate it's rate of success to be only 8-12%

The method costs you nothing bar the tablet.

You take the tablet an hour before you drink abs gradually over time you lose the desire to drink. Usually 4 months but might take longer. Scientific studies have shown a 78% success rate

Look up Ted talks by Claudia Christensen

I'm not selling you anything

The reason its not promoted by the rehab industry is obvious

Because naltraxone is now sold generically nothing in it for the drug companies.

It's spreading in the USA and USA but Ireland is behind.

It's what they use in Finland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

>>mod snip<< as per charter posting youtube videos is not permitted

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭spakman

Would an alcoholic really think "I'll have a drink in an hour, so I'll take this pill now."?

If they want a drink, they're not going to wait an hour surely?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - As the OP has not returned to the thread for some time, I am closing it off at this point.

OP if you would like the thread to be reopened at any time, please PM me or any of the PI mods.

Hilda

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement