Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone visit York for the races?

Options
  • 22-08-2022 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Was thinking of going next year.

Leeds/Bradford seems the closet airport, with train from Leeds to York

Any recommendations gents?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Zarkandar

Didn't go this year but been several times to Ebor meeting and highly recommend it. Flying to Leeds/Bradford is really quick (good early morning flights) and then you can taxi to York (fine if you split between 3 or 4) or bus leaves airport and drops you at Leeds train station, where you can zoom to York in 30 mins. You can also stay in Leeds if accommodation in York is scarce or too expensive. Racing is great, proper racing crowd and it's all v friendly. The jacket/tie nonsense in County enclosure is a bit tiresome but it's just the way it is over there (you don't need to get a County enclosure ticket). I'd say it's the most enjoyable flat festival I've been to in Eng.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Went there with my wife a few years ago and had a cracking time. Would go back. York itself is a great town, very pretty and historic with lots of good places to eat and drink.

Zarkander is right. Fly into Lees/Bradford. I would then get a train to York. It's a very short journey. You've given me a mind to go back by starting this thread actually OP.

Advertisement