Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 4 Transfer Thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Martial to start Saturday looks likely?

6.9 is pretty damn good for him if he stays fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Id give United assets another game or two to see if anything that happened against Liverpool actually sticks. They would all be a massive punt atm and believe me as a United fan id love to throw one or two of them in ha. Its worth keeping an eye on though especially if they end up signing Anthony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Any thoughts on going from Salah to De Bruyne? Thought there might have been a bit more discussion about it this week..

With the way the two are playing it looks as if KDB will outscore him (3 games in...I know) this season. City fixtures good for the next while..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm sure lots are thinking about it, but why do it the week Liverpool host Bournemouth? Best fixture of the season on paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Good point..

Still very much in two minds myself. There's that saying in fantasy that the form of a player/team is one of the most important factors.. City and KdB look bang in form, Liverpool look meh and Salah, while playing well, is not on fire or anything, but that being said they both have very similar returns until now... I bottled selling Salah last season for the last 7/8 or so gameweeks and missed out then which is probably factoring into my decision now too. KdB going up in price tonight too by looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Good chance Salah will be the most captained FPL players this weekend, save for 1 more week at least.

Liverpool not at the races yet but Salah has still returned 22 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,815 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Salah is Salah though - he doesn't need many chances to score - sure his form will dip but as the third most owned player in the game it would take a brave person to sell him especially at his price point, once you sell him it's probably going to require major surgery to bring him back in.

I feel like I’ll be in this position each week..

Start Andreas or Williams this week. Leaning towards Andreas as I’ve Arsenal defence. Or looking at transferring Williams out with 1.3 ITB

There's always the chance of KDB being rotated when the Champions league comes in as well whereas I don't see Salah having this issue as quick. There both essential to there team but City have a better squad then Liverpool and surely Pep will feel he needs to win in Europe this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Who are your subs that you have to play either of them? I have both of them but they are on my bench. I have Andreas over Williams in my order of subs.

Ah stop it's a bit of nightmare when so many good cheap players are playing well - I want to start Mee for instance at home against Everton but can't drop anyone, so he'll just sit on the bench.

You could but your gonna have to really dig up your team then. Wont have Haaland or Kane either id imagine.

Depends on what your willing to do I suppose, I currently have both along with Haaland and Jesus. I don't have TAA that most people feel is undroppable, so that's probably where I'm getting the money from and James is my most expensive defender.

Lavia and Leeds Greenwood. Doesn’t set the world alight.

1.3 ITB to upgrade someone but will be for a -4

Starting team is:

Ramsdale

TAA, Robertson, James, Cancelo

Salah (C), Martinelli, Rodrigo

Jesus, Haaland

Choosing between Andreas, Williams, Lavia or Greenwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

You could put Gross in for one of the midfielders I guess. Fixtures not bad the next while.

I have Bruno G and Neto and am playing one of them this week. I took out Wilson for Toney already but not sure I want to do a -4 on anything else.

Dont be putting these ideas in my head!! haha. To be honest the longer Liverpool look a mess at the back going without Trent is not a bad idea. Unfortunately the guy will start returning one way or another weather its at the back or up front or both!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

No hit.

Andreas has a big share of the set pieces so he'd be my starter most weeks.

He plays against your GK this week so perhaps you chase upside and play Neco. Not sure I would.

Neco can start in GW6 and GW7.

With these two you have good flexibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,059 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

@Father Hernandez

The way I'd look at is that I would expect both Spurs & Arsenal to beat Forest & Fulham. So that rules out the CS for both Williams & Andreas, which harms Williams more as his ceiling is reduced.

I'd guess Spurs will be solid defensively too, so that might rule out an attacking return for Williams, leaving him on 2 points before any cards and/or minus points for conceding. He could well get a 0 or 1 pointer for playing 90.

Arsenal should not concede either in theory which reduces Andreas' ceiling too but there is some potential for a set piece assist. Even if Fulham concede a few goals, he won't get the minus points. Probably won't get booked. 2 points.

Both fair points and thanks for replying.

Will go Andreas, Fulham have had a good start tbf from attacking point of view so could be potential for Andreas points if Ramsdale concedes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Need a Maddison replacement.

Rodrigo & bank the 1.8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Despite a shocker of a start...I'm actually happy enough with my squad....will roll the FT and give them all one more chance.

If it all goes pear shaped, I can take hits, wildcard or rage quit next week

Waiting for some kind of word on Perisic today from Conte. If there's any doubts ill be on Trippier.

Other then that I don't think I need to change anything on my wildcard that I can see anyway!.

Sanchez

Trent, Cancelo, James, Perisic

Salah, Rodrigo, Martinelli

Toney, Haaland, Jesus

Ward, Andreas, Neco, Lavia with 0.6 in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'm actually happy enough so far and thinking on saving the FT for next week.

Starting:

Sa

Perisic, Cancelo, Zinchenko, Botman

Salah, JWP, Martinelli, Aaronson

Haaland (c), Jesus

Subs: Ward, Bruno G, Dalot, Alvarez.

My plan is to give Salah one more week to explode, otherwise I am bringing in KDB. Alvarez is the elephant in the room on my bench, anyone know how much Isak will be? Thinking of bringing him in if he's affordable (after downgrading Mo). Could do with a better sub GK too given Leicester's woes.

Post edited by castletownman on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anyone still got Bailey and if so what are you planning to do?

...picked up 5 points last week but only played 65mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Keep Mount/Neto for 1 more week , Bruno to rod as you said .

No word on Perisic that I can find anyway so I assume he's ready to go and starts!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Don't know what to do with my team, any advice would be much appreciated. 2FT, 0.3m itb

Ederson

TAA, Robertson, Cancelo, James

Salah, Martinelli, Rashford, DaSilva

Haaland, Jesus

Bench: Ward, Andreas, N.Williams, Plange

Should really have brought in Rodrigo before his price rises and used him to gain team value, if anything.

Looking for a Foden replacement as I reckon he might get dropped soon.

• Have one transfer and 0.1 in the bank. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

• Advertisement

Rashford and Robertson are two id be looking at but there's also the chance they could return this week. The fact you have two transfers is what would tempt me to move them out and maybe even look at getting a 3rd forward in. There's not much else wrong if things go to plan as there all from top teams who have decent fixtures this week at least.

What are you mainly looking at changing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

If it was me, I'd roll the transfer so you could try to sort out your keeper situation next week.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,297 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Cheers. Did that Sunday night pre price changes but I've now lost £0.4m on the other pair 🙄

Zaha hasn't travelled and won't play against Man City apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He's becoming a pain. Just noticed he's dropping again tonight. Already swallowed the 0.1 loss but I don't really want to waste an ft to downgrade him or take a hit to upgrade him when I don't need him in my 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not sure what to do with Mount, either play him again through gritted teeth or else sell now for Rodrigo having already missed his price rises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’ve kept and am playing Mount. Leicester can’t defend, Brighton can.

Either roll it to have 2 FT next week, or maybe downgrade Gabriel to 4.5m defender (Brentford/Brighton have great fixtures), so that you have funds to do Son to KdB next GW

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

I'm gonna start him as don't fancy Periaira against Arsenal. He was rested midweek so hopeful he will at least start. Will look to ship on for Rodyrgo or Zaha the week after.

• Advertisement

Looking to move out Foden as I don't think he'll start and well he's not doing much.

Looking at Gundogan / Diaz / Harrison. Currently leaning towards Harrison but not completely sold on anyone really to be totally honest.

Any 9.0 MIDs recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah Im keeping too but he better finally do something this week or I'll move him on.

Sold Ramsdale for Sanchez just there as I want an option of a 3rd outfield Arsenal player whilst also having a part of the Brighton defence. Only problem is my target was Saliba but he has risen to 4.6 so Im 0.1m short and cant buy him now. Spending the full £100m on GW1 was the dumbest move, this is the second time now its bitten me on intended transfers.

What I might do before deadline is use my second FT to buy Dunk meaning doubling up on the Brighton defense. Its a punt but could work out well over the next few GWs. The other option is to stay with Arsenal defence and go with White for 4.5m but is he nailed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Zaha and ake out injured

Advertisement