Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW3 match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Offside

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That's a killer as a Jesus captainer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Ahh needed that goal. Jesus (c) here as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Saliba goal does me wonders. 5.6% ownership, happy, happy, happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Benched Perisic for Williams after starting him the first two weeks:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,909 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Have I gone insane in thinking that Ramsdale should be on 3 saves but only has 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I was literally about to post this.

He’s had 3 for sure. I was thinking the FPL website was down?!

Think they've just given him the one he has gotten there which would make me think that they've either made a mistake or aren't giving some of them as saves (one might have been going wide but I didn't think that mattered as per the rules)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Only 4 points is a v disappointing, hopefully Salah won't punish us too much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If it's not on target it's not a save, and then some shots they don't count as save, for instance if straight into his chest - which is stupid cause if he's not there they would be goals.

• Advertisement

Is this an actual thing? I was under the impression that if its a shot it is a save. They've just taken away his 4th save there (leaving him on 1 which seems even more crazy)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Official stats say Bournemouth had 1 shot on target. Must have had other saves added in error.

The Opta definition of a save is

A goalkeeper preventing the ball from entering the goal with any part of his body when facing an intentional attempt from an opposition player.

Saves have the following attributes:

• Body part – Hands/Feet/Body
    • Save type – Caught/Collected/Parried Safe/Parried Danger area/Fingertip
    • Goalkeeper position – Diving/Standing/Reaching/Stooping

I remember looking at it before and found something maybe on reddit about it - if I have time I'll try and root it out, but there are many times in a game that a keeper will stop say a very tame effort - although it's a shot, they don't give it as a save.

I guess this would confirm the shot on target part, as if it's going wide then it's not "entering the goal".

Nah, I had my suspicions that the off target one mightn’t be given. It’s the other 2 I’m confused by. As if the headers have to be a certain power or something? If it’s a shot it’s a save surely, regardless of whether it’s an easy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Yeah feel like Arsenal could have got more goals but took the foot off the pedal a bit after 2 nil. Hopefully no crazy hauls for Salah or Haaland, i'll be happy with just a goal each

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Changed my captain from Jesus to Salah at the last minute. So far so good...

3 players played, 3 returns.

25 points from my 3 Arsenal assets (Saliba, Mart, Jesus) and armband on none. HEWT!

See a nice few "differentials" (anyone outside the Template) come good yesterday; Zaha, Maddison, Toney and Gray etc.

Just give me a Chelsea CS with Mendy and James I'll gladly run. Instead we will get a James Yellow, CS wipe out on 64 minutes, sitter missed on 78 minutes.... Subbed 81st minute!

You did well to get 25 from them - I only got 24

Leeds XI: Meslier, Kristensen, Koch, Llorente, Struijk; Roca, Adams; Aaronson, Rodrigo, Harrison, James

Chelsea XI: Mendy, James, Silva, Koulibaly; Loftus-Cheek, Gallagher, Jorginho, Cucurella; Mount, Havertz, Sterling

• Advertisement

West Ham: Fabianski, Coufal, Zouma, Kehrer, Cresswell, Soucek, Rice, Fornals, Bowen, Antonio, Benrahma

Brighton: Sanchez, Veltman, Dunk, Webster, March, Mac Allister, Caicedo, Trossard, Gross, Lallana, Welbeck

Koulibaly yellow.

Seeing Reece James at RCB rather than RWB pains me.

Loftus Cheek getting into a lot of great positions where James would be cleaning up..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

MacAllister goal for Brighton

^Welbeck assist.

Kehrer yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭Xander10

Oh Mendy

Wow, what a howler from Mendy.

Leeds goal - Aaronson goal.

Aaronson goal, Mendy assist 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭COH

Sterling yellow

• Advertisement

Double Chelsea CS wipe out, that' was awful!!! Mendy owner and Aarsson on my bench, not many would have started him.

Advertisement