Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous Dog Breed. HELP!

Options
  • 20-08-2022 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

person is renting my home not paying rent and is refusing to leave, that’s not why I’m typing this but how I have ended up coming here.

They have an American Pitbull and they keep him locked in the house so I cant gain access to it(tried to change the locks), they are not there they are in another house but leave the dog there (have another home)inside the house all day. This dog is vicious as it has tired to bite me before, its not friendly.

Can i have the dog removed? and by Who?

They never walk this animal and they do have another American Pitbull about a year old that they don’t leave there so I know this animal is there by its self on purpose.

Mean feckers

signed : Dog lover

Post edited by DBB on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Who'd want to be a landlord?

Very little, if anything, that you can do

Eviction notice, RTB report and eventually gardai or private security to get him out

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Aren't Pitbulls a banned breed in Ireland? I know they are in the UK.

Did your local council have a dog warden? Give them a ring if they do.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Need to contact a dog warden

Goes without saying you can't go and attempt to change locks dog or no dog. An eviction has to be done through the correction means

And trust me I wish it was easy as being able able to change locks when someone isn't paying rent

• Registered Users Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The only thing that you can do for the dog is report it to the dog warden.

OT... You can't do anything to the house and you are lucky that the dog stopped you changing the locks, the tenant would have got a massive payout for an illegal eviction. You have to wait the long time for the RTB to process the case and then hope they haven't destroyed your property when you get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There are no banned breeds in Ireland.

OP, I'd be reporting the dog to the relevant authorities as abandoned and trying to get it removed on cruelty grounds (which is 100% justified - the poor dog).

In the meantime you also need to issue the correct eviction notices on the basis of non-payment of rent and get the ball rolling on that.

And get legal advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭jack67

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hustlenbustle

Awful situation

Just wondering _why are they keeping your house if they have another??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Sure when youre probably not paying for any of them then keep all the houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrsinfo

Funny how you can tell who is a landlord and who is a tenant on this by the answers given!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

All the replies have given you the same advice.

• Advertisement

This is the Pets board, the focus is going to be on the welfare of the animal. Who is tenant / landlord in your situation is of lesser importance here.

Maybe you should have posted this on Accommodation and Property, if you wanted a tenant / landord focused discussion instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

You could cal, the dog warden but the dogs future is pretty grim if that happens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They did, and were told under no circumstances to attempt an illegal eviction... which they now are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Dangerous breeds is a bit of an oxymoron from my experience...

I have been bitten and attacked by dogs on 3 occasions...all those times by Jack Russell's or breeds similar...

My mother has staffy and a small terrier mongrel...I'm afraid of the small fella because his nippy, where as the staffy, I can take food off him if his not supposed to have it and his better at taken direction...both were trained and in fact the staffy took less training...

People will say the staffy can do more damage, but or course that could be said for many things, like folks living in cities driving range rovers, were the chances of a pedestrian surviving is almost nil and were such a vehicle has no practical purposes being

Been 3 days and no one has come to check on dog, its still in my house( pissing and **** on my floors) and he still wont give me my keys back..... there is no furniture in the property its empty except for the dog!!! what will do? its friday

Report as a cruelty case to the Dog Warden and local SPCA, if you have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

This, OP, which you were first advised to do almost a week ago. Why didn't you?

i did he would not go into the property with out an eviction notice even the dog warden does not give a **** about the animal

It's grand, they got their house back on the other thread. The dog seems to have mysteriously disappeared from the equation. It's probably hiding out in the attic or something. We'll find out in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You have every right to enter your property and evict tenants If there is criminal activity or immoral activity being committed on or from the premises.Keeping an animal under cruel or neglectful or abandoned conditions would probably come under this.If your local dog warden is refusing to do his duty get onto an organisation like DSPCA who do have legal power of entry in animal cruelty cases.

Also,are you fully sure the premises is "empty"? Sounds like a dealer using the dog to guard a drugs stash/grow closet. Possible "probable cause" for AGS to get a search warrant to enter the premises and deal with the dog and your problem tenant.they sound like the usual A...holes who give a great breed of dog a horrible reputation and make them vicious because of their cruelty

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Is dogs mentioned in rental agreement and if not allowed use it in the evection process. If you have proof the dog is not getting fed make sure you have it for the ispca. If they are on HAP for the property also report to council. You could also try getting onto your local councilor.

Have a read of this, there is mention of access to property.

They're just trolling.

Ffs lads, look at a profile.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Thread closed. Too much messing and contradictory stories over 2 threads/forums.

Thanks,

DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement