Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Resting place

Options
  • 15-08-2022 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

I am helping a lady in the Uk whose Grandmother,

is trying to find the resting place of her brother, Patrick Finnegan who passed by

suicide in 1960 in bray co. wicklow. I have a newspaper article about the accident.

They were from Ballybay Co. Monaghan but he had to travel for work.

Would Patrick have been buried in Bray if that is where he died, I

am having trouble finding any burial records in Co. Monaghan,

I have visited there and many many cemetery visits later no joy.

There was an inquest into Patricks death but I can find no obituary or details

of where he might be buried.

I would appreciate any help or advice anyone can give me, I just want

to help my friend find her grand uncle’s resting place.

Thank you for your time and really appreciate any help at all.

Post edited by Hermy on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

@JDERIC2017

There is already one live thread on this topic.

Why have you started another one?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JDERIC2017

Well I couldn’t find it and didn’t get any notifications. All I seem to get is given out to when I post. I won’t do it again, it is like being in school.

No one is giving out - I'm simply asking why you've created a second thread on the same subject as before.

If the second thread has been posted in error or is surplus to requirements than I can delete it so as to keep all replies within a single location.

Your previous post on the same subject is still on the front page of the forum and available at this link...

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058256874/finding-burial-location

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Mick Tator

I saw the original post and followed the replies. I was reluctant get involved because it is a relatively recent event, refers to living individuals (apart from the suicide) which is against the forum charter. Plus others were faster than I.

The OP got several highly useful pieces of information from helpful posters yet ………s/he did not bother to click ‘Thanks’ once, And now s/he isgiving out to people who have helped him/her. Just sayin’……

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

I was surprised the first thread on this progressed as the event was quite recent with potential family members still alive. Then I noticed that the OP had started several threads in Genealogy, when a simple Google search would have assisted with the query, decided not to get involved....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Maybe they couldn't find the thread/ didn't get notifications of replies as it had been split of from a different thread....

I'm closing this thread now and all relevant replies can be posted to the thread linked above.

Genealogy Forum Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement