Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocked up

Options
  • 14-08-2022 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

Haven't seen it in years but just watched the film 'knocked up' again. Good movie, but scary circumstance. These things happen of course, but I honestly wouldn't know what I'd do if I was Alison. It's a good movie to let people know about the importance of contraception but we can all get drunk and forget ourselves I guess.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Never watched it when it was out. What station was it on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

It's an oldie, it was out in 2007, Seth Rogen and Katherine Heigl are in it, I watched it on dvd but it's probably on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

Paul Rudd's Robert De Niro impression in it is quite good.

IIRC the lead actress Heigl afterwards said that in real life her character would never agree to sleep with someone like Seth Rogen's character.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Haven't seen the movie, great song though

• Registered Users Posts: 33,091 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fookin' A1 Sharon...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I remember when oldies were films in black & white... 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

She didnt forget, she asks him to use a condom and he takes it off or lies about having one on I think. That would be an offense these days! Not sure that and the homophobic insults would be in a film made now, its definitely not woke lol. Good movie though.

Also, I must be old when a film from 2007 that i saw in the cinema is now an 'oldie'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

It was clearly addressed in the film that the contraception issue was a miscommunication, she said go for it meaning "hurry up" but he thought she meant "horse it in".

V good film though, all of the actors were expertly cast. By now you are probably sick of seeing seth rogan (and his entourage) as the lovable stoner(s), Paul rudd as the goofy everyman, and Leslie Mann as the neurotic "say it as it is" wife, but it was a refreshing film at the time.

There are a lot of those Apatow films that are very entertaining but kind of blend into one after a while.

Advertisement