Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game Week 3 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 13-08-2022 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Bailey out for sure. Thinking of Josh Dasilva great value at £4.5m and has decent fixtures

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Bit reserved on him given he's played 92 mins over the two games and they have signed a very good midfielder in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Is this the Mitrovic replacement thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Thinking TAA/Archer to Patterson/Jesus but of a knee jerk for -4 but have to get him in, only other option is Wilson/ Rashford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Who is more nailed between him and Jensen? Away at the moment, haven’t seen Brentford in action yet

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

2 fts and nothing I really want to do for now. Bailey to Dasilva would free up 0.5 and catch the probable double rise. I'd like to wait and see Darwin in action though it'd probably take a -8 to restructure and get him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭bantee

2 FTs of Bailey & Rashford to DaSilva & Martinelli, sickened to have gone Rashford over Martinelli since the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Any word on how bad Andreas' injury is?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Cheers. Not that he's an important player for most of us, but with Dasilva going up in price tonight it would have been a straight-forward swap if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rashford -> Rodrigo

Not gonna think too much about it, but Rodrigo seems to have finally settled, and 3 goals in 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Will be hard to drop him given his returns so far…..and he frees up .5 if you are moving off Bailey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Looks like the cheap option of 2 Leicester keepers is a bust!

Question is who to move onto?…..moved out Bailey for da Silva so I can afford Pope (5m)……or Sanchez (4.5)…are two of the highest scoring keepers so far who have sound defences ahead of them…..could do Ramsdale (5m) either…..or even Raya (4.5) who also has good fixtures!🙂

My back 5 has one each from Arsenal,Spurs,City,Liverpool and Forest and can’t afford likes of Ederson at 5.5m

Who would people be inclined to go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If you can afford 5m I think Mandy is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was just considering bringing in Cornet for one of my midfielders. Probably needs another two weeks or so to see if he becomes a regular starter.

Thoughts?

Edit: and is anyone with only one or two Liverpool players looking at Elliot at £5m now Thiago is out for 4-6 weeks he should see lots of game time.

I couldn’t waste a Liverpool spot on Elliot for now

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I know I'm probably posting this a day late for it to mean anything, but we know Dasilva has scored 2 goals a total xG of 0.05, and not created a single shot for a teammate right?

Obviously, the transfer comes at no risk to our squad budget (I was actually looking at doing it aswell until I saw those stats) at all, but we probably are still at that stage of the season where transfers are going to be at their most valuable, with information changing by the week, so its more that opportunity cost that we'd be risking with this move

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

You probably get double rises out of him at his value level and he as long as he plays, that's more than you expect out of a 4.5m mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

Guimares out Rodrigo in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have 2 FT and might just have to get Da Silva in to use one of those.

I had some semi-idea of switching Robbo to Nunez but that would involve a -4 and probably not worth it overall as it would be a midfield of Salah / Martinelli / 6.0 going forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Overall happy with my team and happy to ride it out for next few games. However, Saka dropping in price (currently at -28), would put me in a very awkward position. Saka to Martinelli might be a boring but sensible move, and allows funds to upgrade Neto in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭The Guru 123

Just watching Chelsea here and I think moving James to Cucurella could be an option. Save a million. Cucurella taking corners and playing high as a wing back.

I just did the most stupid thing any human has ever done in fantasy football.

I had two the Leicester keepers (both 4m)... I sold Ward and brought in Raya.

I kept the sub as the f*cking sub and sold the starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That might work out for you. Ward looked pretty shaky and I wouldn't be surprised if his place is under threat already.

I've sold Bailey for JDS.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any Son owners out there starting to think the money might be better invested elsewhere??

I know if I get rid he'll go on a record breaking scoring spree 🙄

At the moment, I'm looking forward to what TAA does tomorrow. I thought he was not as good as he could be last week, but resisted the kneejerk.

Looking at getting in Mee because of their nice fixtures for a few weeks, and move the money back into midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yea KdB looked good yesterday and easy swap - didn’t like that Conte took Son off when needing a goal

Expect Son to find his shooting boots at some stage but with Ricky there could be some sort of rotation risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

All of this is true, and yet I’m still not of the opinion that comes near to the same potential benefit as the value of a free transfer.

Dasilva is great value at 4.5. Still wouldn’t be spending a transfer (which will ultimately end up costing me 4 points somewhere down the line) to bring him in though unless I was really obsessed with the squad I already have.

Advertisement