Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you look or look away?

Options
  • 12-08-2022 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Look, I'm a gentleman.

I hold doors open for women of all ages. I look a person dead in the eyes and thank them if one is held open for me. I say please when buying something behind the till at a shop. And I say thank you when I get my change. I stalk lost dogs for up to 200 yards to try get hold of them to get the phone number off their collar. I push cars that are stuck in the snow or other treacherous conditions. I thank the bus driver. I let people on the Dart before I get off. I pay for the Luas.

I do my bit for society, but I've noticed a craze of breastfeeding in public and call me a sicko, but sometimes I can't look away. Sometimes it hits you like a gut punch and it feels almost ruder to look away, in the same way you might look away if you saw a disabled person. I'm not a wrongun because, as I said, I pay for the Luas, but there's something interesting about seeing it in public. And not in a sexual way. Sometimes you just want to see a tit for free, particularly in this weather and particularly if the mother is beautiful. Hmm. Maybe it is sexual. I don't know. All I know is, I do look. What say you?

Post edited by Ten of Swords on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,095 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'd admire a woman's comfort to do it public and not worry what a bunch of conservative snowflakes thing about her, to be honest - but I'd never go up and actually day it to her.

Half the time I'd imagine people don't even know or are just curious.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

If a woman is breastfeeding in public don't look at her breasts, simple; either look at her face or don't look at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,554 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I had this exact situation a couple of weeks ago on Talbot Street. Was walking down the street towards Connolly station and there was group of woman just standing on the footpath having a chat. Anyway one of the ladies was there breast out on full display, baby (I use that term loosely, the baby was close to puberty) was not feeding so everything on full display as she chatted away. Kinda hard not to look away and then you don't want to be caught staring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I don’t find the sight particularly enticing. It’s not like you can see a lot because the baby is in the way.

I don’t think it’s rude to look though. If a woman exposes her breast in public you have to expect that someone might catch a glimpse of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Don’t look. I breastfed my children and honestly who wants to be housebound for the few months while they are being breastfed. Babies feed a lot and they don’t wait. I don’t enjoy feeding in public because so few other mothers breastfed in public so I always feel out of place doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,842 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bitty.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gamergurll

This. There are still so many hangups about breastfeeding in public and sexualising them, I did once or twice in public but I got stared at so I just made sure to bring a bottle with me when I was going out. My dad was out with me one of the times and went mad at me 😂 it's stupid, baby's gotta eat and guys, keep your eyes to yourselves it's not a peep show 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,482 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A woman letting her boobs hang out in public? She has no problem being looked at so look away.

A woman breastfeeding her baby, a perfectly normal and healthy activity? Cop yourself on and look away. Babies don't wait for a convenient time and place to demand to be fed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Not only do I not look, I actually run away.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

On the subject of tits, i was at the beach yesterday looking for a place to lumber down with my deck chair and i saw this gorgeous woman sunbathing topless bareback on display with an extra helping of side boob😋 so i said why not enjoy the view so there i was with my shades goggling at her from a convenient distance of course ---> am i a sicko?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Use your judgement according to the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ah, another of these threads.

Boards is Detroit now. 'Boarded' up, overgrown, worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,295 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You don't stare but if your breast feeding and somebody glances at you. You don't go crazy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Just wear sunglasses and have a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭sekiro

My eyeballs, my choice. I'll look where I want, when I want.

I believe it is rude to stare though so I wouldn't personally gawk and a breastfeeding lady.

Unfortunately, I don't think we really have the right to tell people what they can and cannot look at with their own eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,868 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I do this…

• Registered Users Posts: 28,525 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Why would you look away from a disabled person?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

What sort of psycho carries a deck chair round with them ?

A woman breastfeeding a baby doesn't particularly interest me, so I'd give it a glance, and then ignore it.

TBH It's the same with any exposing of "bits" that women do these days. With the good weather, and even when it's not particularly nice, a lot of women wear very revealing fashion styles. There was a time I'd look away in embarrassment, or fear of offending, but honestly these days I don't give a flyingF about it all. If women want to show themselves that way, they can take the looks they receive. For myself it would generally be a glance, but if she plonks herself down at the table in front of me at a cafe, while I won't stare, I'll certainly appreciate the view (if it's nice to look at, which in all honesty, isn't always the case)

Same with a woman breastfeeding her baby.. and no, we've had long periods in our society when publicly breastfeeding wasn't commonplace, it's not as of babies have become hungrier or whatever. If the woman is bothered by whatever attention she receives, she can do whatever it was that past generations of mothers did.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

My youngest is 2 & a half and stopped breastfeeding about a year ago ,but recently tries to chance his arm & ask the missus can he touch her boobs no idea why but a few weeks ago we where in the local playground & there was a women with a very low cut top & out for no where my young lad shouts way to loud , Daddy daddy look Booobies !!!!!!! To be fair your one smiled & had a laugh about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Detroit is thriving, vibrant, metropolis you bigot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Certainly not as problematic as the girls walking around in hot pants right up their behinds and barely there tops with everything on show and your afraid to look because you’ve absolutely no idea what age they are these days

Take the safer option ! Look everywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Imagine adults having to be told this?

An adult who claims to be a self confessed "gentleman" sometimes just "wants to see a tit for free". As opposed to what? Paying for it.🤣

As for

My eyeballs, my choice. I'll look where I want, when I want.

Like something a scolded toddler would say. You are not the boss of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Yeah, there has not been one of these threads since.......probably yesterday.🤣

Must be having withdrawal symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I walked out of the house with the wrong glasses on so I could see around me but not make out detail 200 m away. As I walked by a seaside shelter there were 2 women staring at me. I asked my wife why are those women staring at me. Turns out one of them was breast feeding and I looked too long as I couldn't really see who the figures were so they thought I was perving

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Feel free to make a thread about Fine Gael or vulture funds or the economic and human cost of oil if it's more to your liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I let people on the Dart before I get off

Now that's disturbing behaviour. Why on earth would you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Seen a young lady in a pair of hot pants yesterday,

If they cost her 50 yoyo id say 43 yoyo worth of the material was up her hoo**********le

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement