Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do you mark your golf ball?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I honestly think people who do that, do so for that very reason... To ruin any finds for others 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

I circle the number generally to identify the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

First time I got an eagle only cancelled out the 2 shot penalty for playing a wrong ball on the previous hole 😭

Like others, I'm uncomfortable with an unmarked ball. Occasionally go through my bag and mark a dozen of them. Then surprised at how soon they're all gone.

A small blue cross both sides by the brand. Not a fan of any large markings either. I play with different brands all the time so I don't need to remember what brand just look for the cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

i only play srixon distance balls.

couple of red sharpie "X" on first ball.

couple of red sharpie "2" on provisionals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Motivator

I played with a well known hurler recently, he announced on the first tee that he had a Pro V with his name on it. He hit a provisional on a hole and after finding his first one he asked me to retrieve the provisional. I looked at it and there it was, his full name printed on the ball - not written in marker. I don’t know if it was an ego thing or whether he had been given them as a gift but it was fairly cringey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Titleist do regularly offer deals for free customization with purchases, so probably done under that.

I used it my year as Captain in boards society to get the society name stamped on the balls

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Two big dirty initials on mine, typically in blue or red sharpie, on opposite sides. Can see the thing for miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Saw something similar with a well known hurler who put their name, with their nickname down on the long drive sheet in a comp. Thought it was fairly sad myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭blue note

😄

I worked for a college and a very well known footballer rang in looking for a deferral. He used his nickname for the clout I suppose. The girl on the phone hadn't a clue who he was so obviously had to say eh, who? I'm pretty sure he didn't get the deferral either.

We also had a hurler ring in for one one year because he had an all Ireland final the next day. The same girl got the call and googled him after. He was only the sub goalie and the exam wasn't until the next day, he had no excuse to not travel to Dublin the day before for the exam in her eyes! She was fairly sick that he did get the deferral.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

was just going to post similar. 🤣

every golf bag should have a sharpie and a little line, few dots, initials, shamrock, whatever you are having yourself, its not hard to mark your ball. i am guilty fron time to time of not marking my ball but to be honest hat normally when the round is gone and i pick an aul find out that has been around the block a few times and has already made it's own identification marks.

but the lads who write HUGE INITIALS all over their ball.... i just don't get that lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Used to just put name, address, phone number, email, gender, marital status and medical history, but then GDPR 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Advertisement