Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chance of hitting a green in regulation on a par 3

• 10-08-2022 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

We are doing a golfing charity event and I'm looking to do a beat the bookie stand at one of the Par3s.

So in short I need to know what are the odds of an 18 handicapper hitting the green on a 180 yrd par 3. Would it be 1 in 2, 1 in 3? Also how often would they score par or better in the hole. Would they do it once every 2 attempts? I'm a 10 handicapper myself and I would make par maybe 2 out of every 5 times but then again I'm not a great fan of the par 3s.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I ran that once.

Thr hole was about 180 yards too but with a devilishly small green. €10 entry. 3 srixon balls if you got on the green and entry into a raffle for an odyssey putter. It was a one day event and from what I can remember we made a good profit on it. I think it was about one out of every five hit the green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

You could try contacting Lou Stagner on Twitter. Big stats guy who gets a ton of data from Arccos. Reckon he could give you some good numbers.

He's generally worth a follow for average Joe golfer, some great insights from him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭blackwhite

The size and shape of the green will be a huge variable in the odds as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I know Mitchelstown used to do a €5 entry to ‘double your money’ on one of their uphill par 3s

I’d say 1-in-5 people hit the green

• Advertisement
Advertisement