Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm - fault?

Options
  • 05-08-2022 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi folks.

Just wondering if I might be able to get some advice on this from those that know a lot more than me about these things.

Our alarm went off this evening when we weren’t at home, I was able to disarm it via the app once our neighbours had made sure there was no break-in. (Screenshot of the log attached).

The same thing has happened a couple of times previously with the same sequence (patio door pulse first, then side door pulse) but I put in a camera before this latest one and there was no evidence of any suspicious activity when I checked

. Therefore I’m guessing either there’s a fault in the system or the settings are too sensitive but needless to say I’d be open to any constructive suggestions to help prevent it happening again.

Thanks in advance.

TP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Only way to rule out a faulty device is by testing with a multimeter.

Pulse detection would be a number low taps on a window or door.

Have you any blinds on these doors?

How old is the main battery in the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 The Prisoner

Thanks Altor.

The system was installed in February 2019 so presumably the battery is only that old as well. There has been an panel battery fault message for a little while now but this type of thing first started happening well before then.

There are blinds on the patio door which I suppose could have triggered the pulse but that doesn't explain the pulse on the other door, which doesn't have any!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Out of the 2 I would blame the low battery for this.

The battery gets priority as its used to keep your system going in the event of a power fail so the system resources are constantly trickle charging it. If the battery starts to run down it can pull down inputs or powered devices on your system as its trying to get a charge thus resulting in false alarms.

That is not saying none of these devices are not faulty so id advise having them checked while getting battery replaced.

Advertisement