Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New kero boiler/burner

Options
  • 04-08-2022 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

My old boiler of 25+ years will need to be replaced for the coming winter.

The grant vortex 50/90 has been suggested to me. There's six double rads in the house . It is an external boiler.

Any views on that boiler.

Also can I locate it about fifteen feet from the house. Would there be much heat loss.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Gusser09

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭jimf

grant vortex 50/90 would be ideal

just remember when fitting you will need a permanent live supply for the frost stat

15ft once the pipework is well insulated should be ok

also make sure you get a new pump fitted as well

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Make sure that pipes are insulated in a way that keeps it dry. Wet insulation is no insulation. I'd always have a preference for keeping it against the house, but that's not always possible.

It will also need a gully/soakaway for condensate.

Make sure it's properly commissioned and installed to manufacturers instructions. Perhaps upgrade controls and zones when you're at it. You might also need a new tank.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭me4many

I haven't got a price yet..

Thanks for other info above.

Which tank do you mean I might need to change...

Tkx

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Oil tank. If its as old as the boiler it might need changing. Your installer or service person will give it the once over and let you know its condition.

You should have that information already as tank inspection is part of the annual service.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭me4many

Tks

As it happens I have a new tank..I changed it last year. I know this will cost me a fair few euro so thankfully that's already done.

Advertisement