Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tested Positive - COVID 19 Recovery Certificate?

Options
  • 01-08-2022 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

It seems that after 2.5 years of totally dodging COVID, it finally got us all including me, my partner, our kids, my mom, and my almost 90 year old father. All doing reasonably ok with the usual sore throat / fever / aches, except for my unvaccinated daughter who seems to be suffering the most (rest of us are vaccinated, boosted, etc).

One thing I am trying to figure out is how to get a COVID 19 recovery certificate, which it seems one needs to do a PCR test for. Most of us don't qualify for a HSE PCR test (not above 55 etc) but I was wondering if we can get a recovery certificate generated after a private/paid PCR test?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Senature

You can go for a HSE PCR test if you want to. Just book it.

However... my partner had a positive pcr result in June. Applied for the recovery cert but it never arrived.

I got a vaccine booster recently. No sign of Covid cert, even after requesting it again online.

Not sure the certs mean much any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Waldo99

It isn’t really a requirement for anything any more as restrictions are lifted. Do you need it for any particular reason?

I hope that you and your family all recover well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 blacksea

Thank you both. Doing ok so far.

I am guessing we might see some new restrictions in the autumn/winter, so I am thinking a recovery cert might come in useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Waldo99

At this stage, I think you would be just as likely to be asked to produce your Junior cert.

Glad you are doing well.

Advertisement