Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have any experience shopping on www.thebusinessshop.ie

Options
  • 27-07-2022 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I think I've been scammed.

Purchased Lego from here a week ago for €55 and €63 euros was deducted off my credit card with this reference.

"oelsegma.com shen zhen shiCH

CNY 421.18 RATE: 6.5851"

Their online Contact Us Form does not work, if you complete all sections and hit submit it says it cannot submit at this time.

And I realised that the Eircode on the website is the eircode for Blanchardstown shopping centre, there is no Unit Number.....

www.oelsegma.com is a whole separate online shop.

Anyone have any experience with this website?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Poor English makes it look dodgy

"For any inquiries regarding presales or aftersales services, you can submitting a ticket via contact form. We will respond you as quickly as possible."

But the prices aren't unbelievable and they have an Irish address, although you say they're not actually in Blanch?

You could always do a charge back if you don't hear from them or receive your goods.

Edit: Actually that Eircode is Smiths in Blanch.

Their T&Cs look to be a copy and paste job too

"Thebusinessshop.ie currently ships to locations within the 50 United States and Puerto Rico. At this time, Thebusinessshop.ie is unable to ship to any other international locations outside of the United States. To learn more, visit Thebusinessshop.ie’s Return and Refund Policy, available on the Site. Orders already in the shipping process cannot be modified. Thebusinessshop.ie charges sales tax for merchandise ordered on the Site based on the applicable state sales tax rate of the location to which the order is being shipped. Payment conducted via the PayPal site and using PayPal services are subject to the terms and conditions set by PayPal."

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gamergurll

The extra €7 looks to be the shipping cost (6.95?), definitely a dodgy site though fake business address in Blanchardstown and they don't ship on Federal holidays? No proper contact details, you could possibly still receive the lego but it is likely being shipped from China and fake. A shop called the Business shop selling only toys? 😑

I didn't notice the accept PayPal, did you use PayPal or credit card?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lots of these dodgy sites buy domains that used to be legit businesses. That domain used to be a site that actually sold businesses - shops etc being sold as going concerns

Three options here:

1: You've been scammed. You'll get nothing delivered, or a delivery of something that's not what you ordered but has proof of delivery to make it hard to challenge

2: You'll get fake Lego

3: You'll get the product in months and months from now.

3 is least likely.

What sets did you buy? Any current Lego that's more than maybe 20% off RRP is a scam.

Thank you I didn't know that, the rest of the site is still dodgy and I agree about the discounted price being a scam, lego is one thing that keeps its price consistently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

They actually don't accept PayPal, they just want to make it look like they do. They have a PayPal logo on their cart page, and a single pre-selected radio button that says "PAYPAL WEBSITE PAYMENTS STANDARD", but you can't choose any other option. There's no link to PayPal at all. There's a form to fill in your CC details on the page, which you wouldn't need to do if you were using PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I came across that site a good few months back when I was looking for a particular Lego set. Lots of red flags such as the low cost of the item, the presentation of the site itself, the lack of proper contact details and I'm pretty sure the checkout wasn't secure. So enough red flags to ignore it.

Sorry to hear of your bad experience OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

more than likely dropshipped from another site

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cat2022

Hi OP

I came across this website. What ended up happening? Did they send you anything? Sounds dodgy. I hope you got your refund.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 starlight2010

Hi there,

It was a total scam 😔

I received a crappy plastic pair of sunglasses, a child wouldn't even use them.

I applied for a refund from BOI Mastercard using their chargeback scheme.

I had so much detail and proof I was very surprised I was was refused, below is the reasons for refusal from BOI

"The following documents were required but not included in your application. 

·       An experts opinion (on their headed paper) stating the merchandise you purchased is defective or does not match what was ordered.

·       Proof the goods were returned to the Merchant by providing a copy of the registered post receipt or Post Office Receipt

·       All correspondence you have had with this Merchant i.e. emails etc.

·       Any other relevant document i.e. emails etc."

Who is an expert?! I don't remember seeing on the application form that I had to attempt to post it back. I had included all correspondence with the merchant. I didn't go further with it, I'd had enough 😌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭moycullen14

I was scammed a few years ago like this. Got the sunglasses too. Wondered why they bothered to send anything (maybe just to annoy me further).

Looks as though the reason is that getting a refund is much trickier on 'defective' good rather than no goods at all.

Great bunch of lads, the Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cat2022

Hey 😀

Thanks for replying. What a nightmare. Sorry you didn't get your money bank! I bank with BOI. Now I know to rather purchase with my Revolut card.

This actually reminds me, a friend said she purchased something online a few months ago and received-sunglasses! It must be their M.O.

Advertisement