Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pay/Wallet Not Working

Options
  • 24-07-2022 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

H, I have a Xiaomi Mi 9 and a few times recently I have tried to use my phone to pay for things in the shop but keep getting a message from the terminal in the shop "Unsupported Card"

I have registered both my revolut card and permanent tsb debit card to the Google Wallet/Pay and uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times but keep getting the same message when going to pay so I end up using the same card I have registered on the Google Pay app to just tap and pay for my items.

The app itself says I am set up for contactless, it is set up for default payment, the NFC is active etc. Everyhing required to set it up is done and has been verified by a second set of eyes.

Any ideas?

Comments

I'm really glad to see this thread. I have a Huawei P20 and have used Revolut through my Google Pay for years. However yesterday a message came up which I barely registered as I was busy at work saying something about adding Google Pay to my Wallet? I never use my Wallet for anything, just Google Pay App. Google Pay has now completely disappeared off my phone and I cannot find the Wallet anywhere either? So the only way I can pay using my phone is to go to Google Play Store, open Google Pay there and use it. I can't add Google Pay to my Icons on my desktop. And I can't find my Wallet anywhere?

Why is this happening? I'm back to using cash today!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

Got the same problem as the op where I had to leave the shop.

To.the second poster Google Pay has now become Google Wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Have a look in your pull-down menu at top of screen.

Google Wallet is now there by default on my Xiaomi, it was greyed out - when I clicked on it it opened Wallet and showed all cards "locked". I had to click on unlock to enable cards.

The icon in my task list now shows blue and just acts as a shortcut to opening Goggle Wallet, doesn't seem to enable or disable it.

Hopefully just a one time thing, but I only spotted it by chance.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

^^^ Thanks, nothing when I drag down on phone for google wallet.

Even attached is what appears when I go into Google wallet.

the trouble is I can't find Google Wallet anywhere! Is this an App I need to download?

• Advertisement

The app is now called just Wallet, not Google Wallet.

If I just put "wallet" into Play Store Revolut comes up first, followed by Wirex, Stocard and Google Wallet.

If I click on Google wallet it just asks if I want to open it ? However while I want Google wallet I don't want to have to go to the Play Store every time I need to pay for something. Its not an icon anywhere on my phone. Is Google Pay finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

If your apps are in alphabetical order on your phone screen, it's found under W (not G where Google Pay might have been).

My phone (Nokia) seemed to download and update the changeover from Pay to Wallet automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

On my Xiaomi its Settings - Google - Settings for Google apps - Google Pay.

Also on another thread some ptsb customers were complaining that tap to pay was acting up the past few days.

Any link to that thread by any chance?

Although it wasn't working with Revolut either. So it is either a phone issue or app issue, thinking more the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

No answer to the OP but I'm having the same with my Redmi.

If I want to pay for something using my phone I just unlock it and tap - there's no need to open any apps?

It's a full app on my RedMi 10 Pro btw.

Finally managed to fix the issue, the issue is due to a setting on the phone.

My phone is an Xiaomi Mi 9, to fix it I had to do the following:

Go to settings

Go to Connection & Sharing

Turn on NFC

Go to Secure Element Position

Ensure Use HCE Wallet is selected

The last point is where I had the issue as Use Sim Wallet was selected instead.

Advertisement