Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB debit card on Google pay

Options
  • 15-07-2022 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi, I've my ptsb card on goole pay android device. Keeps getting declined and takes several attempts before accepted... Which is a right pain and defeats the purpose of not carrying around wallet/cards. I've a KBC card on Google pay which works fine everytime. I've contacted PTSB and they said no issue with card on their end. Has anyone had similar issues and if so did ye get a solution? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Mine has been like that since last week on Google Pay.

Works in one shop and taps away fine then the next place it declines even after two or three attempts.

Fly next door a minute later to a different shop and works no problems

🙅

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭vinniem

Thanks, sounds like a Google pay issue then 😐

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I've had this starting to happen with PTSB but never with Revolut. Randomly it asks me to insert my PTSB card and enter the PIN.

Sounds like a PTSB issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭vinniem

Yeah I'm up north atm and some places Google pay works and others not! Which is very frustrating. Even tried to tap actual card and declined.. Had to put card in and use code. I'm suspecting the issue is indeed with PTSB even tho they have said no issue with the card. Anyway Google pay has been replaced by Google wallet today so let's see if this improves🤞😀

Advertisement