Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue and new job

Options
  • 22-07-2022 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My employer somehow registered me twice on revenue. So when I log into the revenue site, it says I've got two active jobs.

Just wondering, could this cause problems with tax or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Possibly. Just ask Revenue to cease the duplicate. Send a MyEnquiries message via your Revenue MyAccount.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Best option is to cease the inactive employment yourself via MyAccount under 'Update Jobs'. Enter a cease date.

First check which employment ID is active and then cease the inactive one. Ask your employer for the active / current employment ID.

eg. is payroll submitted under employment ID 1 etc. If so cease employment ID 2 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

My new employer gave me their registration details. Do I need to register this on my revenue account? I've never had to do this before for any other job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Tow

No. You just need to make sure your old employer ceased the employment. If not you can do it your self.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Some employers will request you to register the job. This could be due to a number of reasons. The employer may not be able to get your tax details so the next step is for the employee to register the job via MyAccount.

Your first job in Ireland is one situation where the employee has to register the employment - the employer cannot register this. Also the employee may have been say self-employed and never had an active employment on MyAccount or registered for PAYE. Various reasons for such.

But if none of the above, just ask the employer to register your employment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement