Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc

Options
  • 20-07-2022 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I’ve a Hkc system and when I do a walk test a window sensor isint picking up when I tap on the glass. It’s a large window.

Can I increase the sensitivity of the sensor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

In engineer mode you can.

Go to zone menu, gross and pulse.

0 is off then it has 1-9. 1 been the most sensitive, 9 been the less sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Dangee4050

is it ok to raise it to 3? Would it cause any false alarms?

Yes you can put it on 3, it goes down to 1 so trial and error.

Don't forget you also have a pulse setting also.

Gross detects a force, strong blow to a window or door.

Pulse detects smaller shocks/ tapping on a window and door.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Has it been set to lower that 3-3?

If so that would be very sensitive. Normal window types would be 4-4 or 5-5

It was set at 4-4 but it’s not detecting my knocks when I test it. So I lowered it to 3-3 but to be honest it’s still not detecting the knocks at the corner of the window. It’s sliding doors and there quite large. Should I be installing another sensor?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

4-4 will take a fair knock. At that if you tap the sensor it's self does it activate. Have you checked the wiring of the device?

Is it possible the sensor part of the detector is disconnected?

It works if I tap the sensor or even below it.

The door/window is 2.2x2.2. and the sensor is at the door opening side. I have it at 3-3 now and it’s not detecting taps or hard knocks At the other side of the window.

The pulse count would be constant low taps the gross attack would be one hard force. This is designed to detect a force close to what would be required to break glass

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭davidconroy46

Everything Koolkid has said is correct. Try altor the gross/pulse again, set both at 2. If this doesn't work you will need another one or two shock sensors. How many is on the window in question? Is the windows width long? Are th sensor near the reveals?

It’s a large sliding patio door 2.2 metre wide. The sensor is on the frame. Door side.

I tried 2-2 still no joy. Is it standard practice to install two sensors on windows and doors this lArge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭davidconroy46

Can you put a photo up?

Making that sensor sensitive is just making the side of the frame the sensor is on more sensitive, also any other sensor on that zone.

If its a large sliding door you would need a shock sensor to cover the other side of the frame.

Depending on the HKC system installed you may be able to add a wired sensor off the sensor in place or a wire free to do this.

Advertisement