Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience with divorce settlement? Will I get a slice of my husband’s compensation?

Options
  • 19-07-2022 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My husband and I are separating and will ultimately divorce.

I was disloyal for about a year and having sex with another man. He can’t see past it so I want to end things.

He had a work place accident and lost some fingers. It has impacted his ability to do the only job he’s even done or can do with his training that will earn him the salary he’s on.

As such he received a very large 6-figure compensation sum, yet to be paid.

Seeing as we are still married and were still married when the compensation was decided, legally that SHOULD be taken into account in what I get after the divorce. There’s no children BTW.

We are early 30’s.

Has anyone any experience in this area? I could do with this for setting up a new life.

Post edited by Ten of Swords on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement