Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another life

Options
  • 18-07-2022 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello Boardsie,

As you can't post without an account anymore, I found this old account I had.

Currently I'm lost in life, no relationship, house, life.

I've friends but most are married with kids or moved on I on the other hand am in the same place, I've tried to move jobs, coaching cou selling, online dating and keep falling flat on my face .

I've worked on myself, personal development set boundaries, good relationship with self.

I do get on quite well with people but everyone I meet is either busy with life or living in quite far away. I'm good to keep in touch but I find the fizzle unless I make the effort.

I feel like I'm missing something, I'm bored and restless but with the cost of everything I can't afford alot.

I've joined new activities and done some group workshops.

I feel like my life stalled about 6years aago and each time I try something it doesn't work out. Realistically the only person I have to hang out with is my mother which I know I'm lucky to have a good relationship with.

Romantic relationship I have never been good at, even though I get on quite well with the opposite sex.

How do you keep going? I'm getting older, most days I'm good, happy and looking into new different things but some days are meh.

People say your being tested and the same things keep coming long until you've conquered whatever it is. However it feels constantly the same loop no matter what I do and how much I work on myself.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I'm in the same situation, apart from the fact i really enjoy my own company. I keep myself busy with work, i joined a couple of meet ups, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭YellowLead

One thing to know OP is that you are lot alone.

I think there’s been a few threads here of late with the same theme. It seems it can easily happen to people for one reason or another, or for no reason at all.

Just try and get out and about - go to Meetup events, generally everyone there is in the same boat. Even if you don’t make friends per se - you’ll have an evening or day of chatting to others as they’re typically friendly and open.

Try and get passionate about something, anything whether it’s knitting or archery or whatever and exercise if you don’t already.

Look to the future and possibilities rather than the past and regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Some more context to your post would be useful. You list off a couple of things at the start of your post that you don’t have but do you actually want all of these things? Do you live alone or with family? You say that your life feels like it has stalled in the last couple of years, can you elaborate why this might have happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

>>Mod Snip<<

@Pissy Missy offering/sending PMs on foot of a thread in PI/RI is against the Charter here. This is with the safety of both parties in mind Please do not do it going forward.

Thanks

HS

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

These threads have become so common lately. I wonder is there an opening for a social club section on this site?

Op, I echo the suggestion about the Meetup groups or something similar.

Hiking clubs (unofficial ones even) are gaining momentum. Look at FB or Instagram for location.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod note

Folks I know it's done with the best of intentions, but I've removed a couple of posts bordering on a suggestion about meet ups/groups. This is with the safety of all posters in mind.

If you have an idea for a forum, you can make a request here. I see there is a request there already for a forum that might be of interest to some of you and it might be worth reigniting that?

But going forward I'll ask all posters not to suggest about forming a group or meeting up based on a thread in PI.

Thanks

HS

Advertisement