Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your sunshine tracks, or "choones"?

Options
  • 17-07-2022 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

I've been known to bitch and moan about bar and nightclub DeeJay's playing obscene unsuitable crap for that environment.

And rightly so (I actually left a review for a nightclub one time which ended up getting the resident DeeJay fired....... lol).

I think it speaks to suitability, that's the issue.

A lot of the bedroom DeeJay's who end up playing their regional venues, they don't quite seem to understand that just cause a track or musical style gets daytime radio play or appeared on Top of the Pops, gives it appeal in an environment which has an entirely different orientation or purpose.

Conversely........

I was hanging out this afternoon at my local Irish'ized version of St Tropez (yes, really. Heat and sunshine completely transforms the Irish landscape).

You know all the usual, baking in some good tan, flexing, pretending I wasn't reverse-checking-out the hotties checking out me etc.

And I have my ZSN pro KZ studio quality headphones in (beasts).

First few minutes I'm listening to my usual

And ironically enough that track is entitled, "Beautiful Sunshine".

But nuh.

There was blazing sunshine, hotties in their...... hottie outfits, fast boats and jetski's doing what they do but....... I'm not feeling it.

It's just not "in sink" with the vibe of the environment.

So having a browse through my YouTube suggestions bar, God help me but I end up clicking on something that basically looks more "summer time".

And all of a sudden I'm like,

Groovy!!

So, normal course of events, not my thing, but right place and the right time? I guess I can be more open minded.

I'm not really familiar with this general type of music however, but that song has almost half a billion clicks on youtube so clearly some of you are.

Any other real "feel good", sunshine/summer time tracks or "choones" that are popular at the moment or have been over the last year or so?

Can someone bring me up to speed?

In physics we trust....

Comments

Advertisement