Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temperature issues new shower...

Options
  • 15-07-2022 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Our plumber recently replaced our shower (mains fed) as we were having temp issues with it being either too hot or too cold with no in between, it was the thermostat he said which was fair enough. Fitted the new one (triton enrich) but its still the same for the last week wanted to test it over time to see, so called him up again said still the same temp issue is there anything you can do. Said its prob the pressure but he can put in a triton t90 tank fed and that will get rid of the problem. My question is do you think it will?

The irish water guy came out today to test the pressure and said no issues, it was 2.8 bar giving 18 litres per minute!! They said it was the thermostat in the new shower! So basically my question is do you think the triton t90 tank fed will resolve the temperature issues? I know its prob difficult to say but any opinion much appreciated...?😃

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭standardg60

Are there other taps being turned on during the shower, kitchen, washing machine, dishwasher etc.? which could affect the pressure and therefore the temp.

This time of year my mains fed will vary slightly in temp as the warmer water close to the house runs out and is replaced by cooler but it's only slight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

There isnt I make sure nothing on when testing it, its a weird one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭standardg60

Weird alright, if there were intermittent drop offs in the mains pressure you would notice it in the shower flow anyway. If there's no change in the flow it would point to a faulty thermostat in the new shower too. Maybe a second (plumber) opinion? You're positive that a mains fed shower was fitted? Funny that your plumber suggested switching to tank fed, i'd be determined to figure out the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

2.8 bar, even if static measured should be fine, you can carry out one/two very simple tests. Turn the shower temperature control to fully COLD, get a container, hold it under the shower head for exactly 30 secs, measure this with a 1 or 2 liter milk bottle or whatever, X2, you then have your shower flowrate in LPM. You require ~ 6.45LPM at (my) a mains water temp of 20C to give a shower at 40C and the TCO will keep tripping the heating elements on/off at 48C if the flowrate falls to 4.6LPM.

What make/model/Kw shower do you have??, it might be simply be air locked or a blocked filter after installation but the flow test will tell all. 😀

You might be able to run temporarily on one heating element, switch the power knob, you should then still get ~ 3.3LPM which is almost as good as with both elements in the winter with a mains temp of 6/7C.

Post edited by John.G on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Yeah thats what I dont want, the same issue after puting in the tank fed one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

Why don't you carry out the simple test?

Advertisement