Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from thread for statement

Options
  • 15-07-2022 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭

Ten of Swords banned me from this thread:

What I said was:

"Stop calling them Drag Queens. A Drag Queen is a Homosexual Transsexual Transvestite. Anyone who thinks that kids need to be introduced to homosexual transsexual transvestites for reasons of inclusivity are insane".

Ten of Swords said this was an 'uncivil' comment.

It was a statement, so I wasn't being uncivil to anyone.

On what basis can I be banned for making this statement, which is factually correct?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

"A Drag Queen is a Homosexual Transsexual Transvestite."

Really?? Danny LaRue had the chop did he? Barry Humphries too??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Your "Statement" seems self manufactured and not aligned with the Oxford English Dictionary or any other official sources. Where exactly did you get this uncivil definition from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Ignoring the above points which I would be happy to address in the thread I was banned from, this is the justification for banning me from the thread:

<snip>

This is total lies from start to finish. None of this happened.

The only thing that could be construed as the truth is that I more than anyone else has furthered the discussion. That is why I was banned.

Tell me Ten, who did I abuse, which particular poster did I abuse, or any poster did I ever abuse, and what contributions over the last few days, when I only made one contribution in that thread, can you claim I'm doing noting to further the discussion.

The reality is Ten you are trying to shut discussion down by banning my points. You have no legitimate reason to ban my pov and if you want to claim that Drag Queens are not homosexual transvestites go ahead, make an argument for it. You know full well I'll eat you for breakfast on that one, that's why you banned me.

Post edited by Beasty on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,352 ✭✭✭AllForIt

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Heterosexual drag queen.

Three Biologically female drag queens.

Your experience seem ...limited.

Perhaps try moving on from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Heterosexual Actor playing a sweet transvestite from Transylvania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Your personal experience is not fact though.

You admitted on another thread yesterday to being misogynistic all your life. Add add homophobic to that.

Maybe the title of the thread should be "Banned from thread for posting Hatred"

I am surprised you are wondering why you are banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

But your personal experience is objectively, factually wrong. Not all drag queens are transexual. Far from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

Welcome to 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Allinall

I suspect this thread may have something to do with the ban.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058254574/i-am-homosexual#latest

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I suspect it doesn't as that is not the tread the OP was banned from, and it is not even in the same forum.

OP was banned for the content of posts in the thread they are now no longer permitted to participate in.

That's how it works.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I presume you did not request the mod's permission to post contents from their PM

Please let me know if they did agree to this and I can reinstate the content

In terms of the underlying complaint, I see absolutely no issue with the way the mod dealt with it

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What even is a "homosexual transsexual transvestite"?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Poster remains threadbanned from the thread in AH. let's not bring discussion over here.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement