Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathoat Half Marathon - 10th September

Options
  • 14-07-2022 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

I registered for the Dublin half ages ago and only realised this morning that im away that weekend. As an alternative I am thinking about the Rathoat Half the weekend before

Has anyone dont this before? Is it mainly club runners doing this race?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

I've done it. Starts and ends at the racecourse - or used to anyway. The last section is a full lap of the racecourse so is kinda torturous seeing the finish line close by when you enter the stadium again, but then veering away from it to doa lap of the course.

It's country roads and flat enough, well organised. If the weather is good it's a PB course. Definitely a flatter course than the HM in the Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Wottle

I'm in for it as prep for Amsterdam. I've had friends do it and they recommend it highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Thats fantastic, thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Its the national half marathon championships, should be a good turnout of club runners, nice route apart from having to run a lap of the racecourse at the finish. Sorry to be missing it, my son picked the wrong date to get married🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Registered this morning. Its the little things :-) Happy friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,001 ✭✭✭✭event

Might sign up for this myself as suits my plan and never liked the Dublin half. Are there any Strava links to the route?

Advertisement