Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2014 Opel insignia dpf regeneration issue

Options
  • 13-07-2022 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi have a 2014 Opel insignia 2l diesel 163 ps 226000 km on the clock, their is an issue ongoing with the dpf for the past few weeks. It keeps on regenerating and displaying the esc message and service soon message, and plus message has appeared saying cleaning exhaust filter continue driving. Had to my mechanic said the dpf is not blocked but can't seem to figure out why it keeps regenerating when their is no need, had it plugged in to the computer and last week he said it is doing regens every 10km on average and now today it said 70km on average. I wonder could this be a software issue. Car is driving perfect other than that, Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Dirty Nails

If he's sure the DPF isn't blocked.I'd lean towards exhaust pressure sensor or the pipe feeding thats blocked. Pipe getting clogged with soot would be a common enough thing & would trigger a regen. An extreme could be a rear box blocked putting back pressure on the exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Something is telling the ECU to attempt regeneration - PM sensor or temp sensor faulty or insufficient airflow through the DPF. That's prime mileage for the DPF to be at the end of its life too. As previous poster said, DPF or pipes clogged with soot might mean the DPF is not blocked but it isnt working properly either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Whocare

New mechanic is needed for this problem at least

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lwally91

Got diagnostics done at the dealer said it was exhaust tempature sensor 2 that needs replacing cost 217 euro wonder if I could put a 2nd hand one in?

Advertisement