If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)

Self build/new home

  • 13-07-2022 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7 Per04


    Recently got planning permission. House in 227 square metres, but with prices gone through the roof I would like to make changes. House is T shape. Kitchen, living, dinning in one block connecting to living room, bathroom and bedrooms. Was wondering can I reduce the size of the kitchen/living/dining block and also change from corner window to standard window in living room?


  • Subscribers Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭ sydthebeat

    you can make any changes you want, but you will have to make another planning application to do so. This application would be for "change of house design from that granted under planning file reg......"

    the very first condition of your planning application is that you carry out teh works in accordance with the plans submitted, so if you change them significantly you will need a new application.

  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Per04

    Thank you. Is that basically re applying from scratch so? Same time frame etc?

  • Subscribers Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭ sydthebeat

    12 weeks min.

    yes its a new application from scratch, but the application will only deal with the house design, so if the general aesthetic is retained and you only make the house smaller, its unlikely to be problematic and it should be just a matter of course.