Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Blacks v Ireland part III - July 16 8.05am Ireland time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭mun1

Great try , NZ don’t know what to do here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

All Blacks in disarray. Ireland doing everything right, this is one of the best first half performances from any Irish side I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭This is it

A serious first half, dominating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

The intensity of Ireland and the errors of New Zealand. Very pleasantly surprised after that first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭phily2002

VDF outstanding again, Ryan going great, some brilliant tackles. More of this second half!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

There'll be a huge pushback from New Zealand in this second half.

They might even win this game, but I think a huge amount of damage has been done to New Zealand's reputation and 'aura' over this series. More sides will believe that they'll be able to beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

"It might be a silly rule, but it is a rule".

Rugby snobs everywhere start screaming at their tv about laws

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I slept in and have just woke up... I can't believe the score!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

That last try should be the game now. Incredible to win a series in New Zealand. All blacks look lost...great day for Irish rugby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

New Zealand not at the races at all but great to see Ireland punishing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Big 40 minutes left for us, the AB will have 2-3 goes I believe we can do but will be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I said after the first test that POC needed to step up and he has in buckets. The lineout in attack and defence has been brilliant in the last two games. Scrum has improved radically too so Fogarty should get his plaudits too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That’s been the best 40 minutes of Irish rugby in my lifetime (I’m 38). Absolutely incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Ian Foster is out the door after this....

Phenomenal from Ireland....there can be no way back for a rudderless, leaderless NZ now....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

NZ's complete inability to build pressure is incredible.

As it stands their only likely scores are from transition from loose play They just don't look capable of working their way down the field

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Foster is more toast than a club sandwich

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

What do you say in the AB's dressing room, that would sound half believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Manc-Red_

We score a try first here in the second half and we won’t be stopped.

Better Born Lucky Than Rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

This is unreal; maybe even surreal. In all my years I've never seen a NZ team play as poorly and as listlessly. Don't get me wrong, Ireland are playing well but at the same time it isn't exactly looking like blistering stuff here from us, mainly because NZ are not at the races here. Certainly they can not be as poor in the second half on paper but at this rate......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭robbiezero

NZ are more likely to lose by 50 points than win this. They are dreadful. There is no way back for that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

You guys are O for awesome: a good group of well-selected players, with a discernible gameplan being executed to perfection. NZ are a shambles and, barring a miracle, will get beaten off the park in the 2nd 40.

NZRU only have themselves to blame: picking a coach with no record other than total and utter mediocrity with the Chiefs and a fading effort at the end of Hansen's reign who overstayed his welcome by 2 years. No chance with this current coaching setup, but NZ have good players (including some not selected) so I wouldn't write us off with a change of coach.

I'm off to the cupboard to look for a green item of clothing and to practise my Irish accent.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Any score will do to be honest, 25-3 is game over really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Aki having the game of his life. Centre combo looks really good. Doris and VDF in fine form, POM just loves playing NZ. Ryan excellent today. Sexton playing fantastically.

Still a few things to improve on and a long 40 minutes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

New Zealand blitzed us over a 10 minute period in the first test. They have the ability to score from anywhere. It does look like Ireland have learned lessons from that game though and aren't kicking as loosely. So I'm hopeful that won't happen this half either.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Only 50% of the job completed.

We need to put the foot on the throat now

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Their worst beating was 7–28 loss to Australia in 1999, could be worse today if we just keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

And a word for Dan Sheehan 12 months ago probably 4th choice hooker for Ireland now looking every bit the undisputed no1 hooker in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

We still need to take every scoring opportunity. 19 ahead now, getting that out to 21+ is important. NZ are all over the shop but they're never down-and-out.

But what a performance from Ireland, hard to believe my eyes.

Only bad thing is we're not going to be facing Ian Foster's NZ in the RWC we're going to be facing Scott Robertson's NZ.

Advertisement