Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it me, or are there a lot less wasps around this year?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,298 ✭✭✭jmreire

Or the Nr plates and bonnet, windscreen etc. Not too long ago, you could get additives to mix with the windscreen wash bottle for the sole purpose of removing fly's etc. from the glass, and the scraping sound the wipers made as they tried to keep the glass clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,221 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not seen a single one this year. Last week I was dropping some bottles at the local bottle bank and I didn't see a single one, normally in the summer months they would be swarming the bins during daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,449 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Not correct. This time of year they're collecting insects like aphids which they feed to their larvae. They feed on the sugary excretions produced by their larvae. They won't be seeking out fruit or other sugar sources until later in the year when larvae feeding had ended.

Advertisement