Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car won't start after short drive.

Options
  • 06-07-2022 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I drove last night about 18km. Then hour later i drove 1km to garage to get petrol. When i filled up car it would not start after. Lights came on and made a noise like it was about to turn over but didn't. The guy in garage tried to start it but then said i need to wait 30 mins for it to start. It did start after 30mins. What is the cause of this. Before yesterday had not used car since Saturday. Guy in garage English was not great so i did not ask him to explain. This happened before a few weeks ago where it did not start but a time after it did.

I replaced battery 2 years ago bit since then i have only done about 4k millage. The car is 03 fabia with just 23k miles on it

I read online that spark plugs could be the reason if car does not start after a short trip.Would anyone here have an idea of the most likely problem.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement