Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 Manager 22

Options
  • 04-07-2022 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

This is coming to all major consoles and PC on August 25th. It's being developed by Frontier developments who also do the planet coaster, Jurrasic world and elite dangerous series.

As someone who has run the gamut of F1 management games, this is about 20 years past due and I sincerely hope this is more Football manager than Motorsport manager.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭barryribs

Driver ratings now published

Started this and put about 8 hours into it today. Really good but its missing something, there is no identity to a team by just hiring 2 drivers and 3 x staff. The races are good though, somewhat logical results and random incidents. Only finished one season but I did find myself watching a lot of the races. Some small bugs to work out, but there is reasonably good depth in it.

After about 60 hours, I can honestly say its not worth it at all. The depth, or perceived depth, is all surface level. Only staff and drivers you have employed improve at any sort of reasonable rate. Overtaking it both too easy and too difficult at the same time. All you have to do is research next seasons car and you can go from a second off the pace to top 4, by essentially cheating the system to have the best parts available. There is nothing in managing finances and sponsorship contracts don't/barely matter. The races look good but there's a reason Football manager games look like they do in 2022. It's just a better looking version of motorsport manager.

Advertisement