Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What routes are the Dublin Bus/Go Ahead Ireland ALX400s operating on in Dublin?

• 03-07-2022 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I'm a not-that-knowledgeable transport enthusiast from Co. Wexford wondering what routes I could go on in Dublin to see the last of the great ALX400 buses. I would really appreciate some info!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Csalem

Go-Ahead Ireland AXs appear on the term-time extras on the 33A/T, 102A,102C,102P,102T, 220T, 236T and 238. As schools are off for the summer these routes are not running.

Dublin Bus AXs from Summerhill Garage are mostly on the 16, 41 and 41C and sometimes 15A and 15B. The other AXs from observations appear on peak extras on 27B, 70 as well as 33D, 33x and 41X. I am sure they appear on other routes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Broadstone have some, they run on the Euro/Universal routes during peak times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

You can get daily sightings here. https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/irishtransport/daily-dublin-bus-sightings-f87/

16, 41/c and even the 15a/b seem to most common all day routes to get them. Your best bet though I think would be to go to the UCD terminus between 4 and 6 where you should find one on an Xpresso route. They are not used on weekends.

On another note if you are an enthusiast. I recommend trying routes 6 to Howth H3 also goes to Howth but 6 is more scenic, 65 to Ballymore if you can't get a Ballymore departure just go to Blessington, 33 to Balbriggan/Skerries and 44b Dundrum to Glencullen which is Monday to Friday peak only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭DaBluBoi

I’m pretty sure all of Broadstone’s have been withdrawn months ago by now. Havent seen any on the peak extras on the N4 road routes, which is where they used to appear most commonly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Broadstone's are all withdrawn now. I don't think they will return when the school's go back.

Harristown recently reinstated a few AXs for Euro duties, so are likely to appear on the 33D, 33X, 38/A, 39/A/X, 41/C/D/X, and the 70. After a morning Euro, they may return to Harristown as a short 4. They can also appear on the 27B.

In all day service, the AXs tend to appear on the 15A, 15B, 16, and the 41/B/C.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 oscyk

Thank you all very much for all this information, it is very valuable to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I still see AXs regularly on the 15A. I was on one a week ago - still a fine bus from a passenger perspective.

Advertisement