Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Entry Medicine 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 montenote23

Congratulations. That’s a great result. Hopefully you won’t mind answering some questions, no problem if not. Approx what score is that percentile. Did you do med entry hpat prep course and if so how does your percentile compare with your mock test percentile, same, better or worse. How did you find hpat exam. Were you happy with all sections or did you find one harder than than another and did that translate into your hpat scores. If you could share that would be great. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Paramayo

Nuig emails out today 🤩

@montenote23 No of course not, I'll do my best to answer 😊 The result I got was 175 I think. I did do the prep course, found it hugely beneficial. If for no other reason than it just took the mystery out of it a little bit and allowed me to get used to how I needed to approach different types of questions. I followed the advice of the course on how best to prepare and use the practice material. To be honest my practice scores were inconsistent. They went up and down. I did find if I was tired or not in the right frame of mind it had an impact. Section 1 was always my worst and that was the same for the actual HPAT exam. The exam itself was a bit of a blur and I had no idea of how it went. I definitely feel like there's an element of luck on the day too 😅 Hope that's helpful 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 22 yeehaw123

• Registered Users Posts: 3 montenote23

Thank you so much, that’s very helpful. Best of luck with your interview(s) 😊

• Advertisement

UCC emails out 🤝

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MummyMed

Hi,

I found this thread and said I'd jump on.

I applied for medicine through the mature entry route this year. Submitted documents to RCSI last week so like a lot of you here I'm in that agonising wait for the outcome. I'm a bit worried as my personal statement was slightly longer than they normally suggest but I'll guess we'll see. Not eligible for GEM so the mature entry route is my only option.

Best of luck to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rogerroger22

Hi @MummyMed, welcome to the thread! Did you apply to RCSI only or other colleges too? What’s your background? :)

Did anyone here apply to trinity? Has anyone heard from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hopefulmed23

I’ve applied for Trinity but haven’t heard anything yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 dotnetka

RCSI invitations are out- check your spam folder guys- that's where mine was.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks so much! I've applied to RCSI and Trinity. I didn't apply to Galway or Cork as if possible I'd like to stay in Dublin. I'm a healthcare assistant (QQI Level 5) and I've some pre-hospital care experience-FAR, EFR, EMT etc but no previous degree so wouldn't be as impressive as some of you on this thread.

Best of luck to you all with RCSI.

Those that received the email yesterday from RCSI confirming they had been called for interview - did you receive a date/time today as they had mentioned? I got yesterdays email, but didn’t get any email from them today so just wondering.

Nope haven’t got an email yet!! Have been checking the junk box every ten minutes

Got the RCSI invite there!

Me too :) Can’t wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jcgavin2003

My Son has his interview on 23/5/23

Trinity emails out

Is anyone here a reapplicant? :-)

@MummyMed Fair play to you for taking the leap to apply. It's always a daunting step to take! Definitely don't feel you're less than anyone else, we all have the same chance! I don't have a degree either and I've spoken to people who got into NUIG who had no degree or background in anything medically related. It seems to me it's more about who you are as a person and what your motivations are for wanting to do the course. Best of luck with the application. I'm currently sweating trying to prepare for this MMI 😅

• Advertisement

@Paramayo how does one even prepare for an MMI😫

Has anyone managed to get an interview with RCSI? How did you get on?

Did everyone get either a rejection or interview for Trinity?

The thought of an MMI terrifies me. Fair play to you for taking it on. You'll have to let us know how you found it. Best of luck with the application.

Hi MummyMed,

I thought the RCSI one was fine but the lad kept at me to tell him more about the course and I was trying to tell him as much as I knew but he kept probing, I’d say he knew I didn’t do research.

A trinity email came out last week, maybe just check the junk email.

Delighted to hear you got on ok with RCSI. It's a bit annoying that they kept on at you for details about the course-I would have thought they would be more interested in why you want to do the course. Keep us posted if you get an offer. So exciting!

I'm very happy with how mine went, they mostly focused about me coming back to education after a long break, how I'd feel being in a classroom with school leavers as a 30+ years old and other questions revolving around that. Not sure what my chances are but I'm happy with the experience.

I'm so happy for you. That sounds really, really positive. Best of luck now for an offer. I love seeing mature applicants returning to education do well. Did they ask you a general tell me about yourself question? And what information did you include if so? I didn't interview but I spent way too much time looking for advice on the tell me about yourself question on YouTube ha ha.

If anyone has their interview tomorrow could you please ask Celeste golden when we will receive the outcomes pleaseeee

Or if anyone asked today please share :-)

• Advertisement

Hi! Celeste told me today that we would hear by next week! So I’m just giving myself until next Friday so that there’s no freaking out 😅 She said that there were 20 people interviewed and that there were 10 places available. Anybody else that doesn’t get a place will be placed in the waiting list.

Advertisement