Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deferred exam papers

• 30-06-2022 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

I wonder will the papers for these go online? They didn’t in 2019, and I don’t know how many kids sat it that year, but I would guess there are more sitting them this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LW2018

I hope so! Surely if someone sits the paper they would be allowed to bring out the long questions / section they are not submitting and it would be in the 'public domain' then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

I'm superintending the deferred exams and we have been told not to allow any papers out with students, even if they stay until the very end. Everything has to be sent back to them in the stationery boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Treppen

They probably don't want comparisons so soon, i.e. " the deferred pair was unfairly harder... talk to Joe Duffy...".

Could you take a sneaky photo once all papers are collected? 😁

That is so frustrating? Are there many where you are superintending sitting the exams? Did they go with a neutral / localised area? I think that means that we won't be seeing the papers, unless people write up what had come up if they sat these exams.

There is one centre per county. I'm not sure if there are exceptions to that (you would imagine there would be in Dublin) but I am the only centre in my county.

I've the bones of a centre roll but it isn't at all accurate. It's only day 3 and I've had less than expected, more than expected and completely different to what's on the centre roll present themselves for exams. To be fair, that is more to do with the turnaround time between LC and deferred LC being so short - far be it from me to defend the SEC, but the messiness of this one is kinda out of their hands.

Not many students for examinations, no. Most I am expected to have on any given day is 6 but again, who knows really. It is changing by the day. They are all treated as externals and all have official correspondance with them from SEC so no hope of anyone taking advantage

Distribution hub for collection of exams is ..... wait for it .... Cornamaddy. Exams on a Saturday and a collection date on a Sunday makes it quite the undertaking, but even taking into consideration the heavy tax - I should still do well out of it. A far better gig than correcting - shorter timeframe and probably better paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

How did you get it? Did you do supervision in June? Did they contact you and offer it to you?

Yes, I superintend in June. In June I got a JC centre about 15k from home so I had contacted them to tell them I was available for extra work on account of sorta needing the money. Not much to be made out of a JC centre that close to home. I wasn't even thinking of the deferred exams when I put myself forward, I was hoping to get the tail end of a LC centre.

I suppose they couldn't advertise the deferred exams like a normal appointment as they had no way of knowing if it would even be needed. Even now, they have not finalised the full schedule as they are just getting word now of students who would have missed exams in the final week

Received a reply to an email regarding the publication of the exam papers, but when special arrangements are made, they retain the papers for other contingency purposes that may arise in the future!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Random sample

See now that just makes them more appealing to me!

If anyone else is still wondering, these have been published on examinations.ie along with the marking schemes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Jajadog

Will there be the option of deferred exams this year does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Purefrank128

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

This T&L thread is gone so quiet U rarely check in any more.

Good to know they've been published, must have a look, thanks.

I know, I think we are all wary of saying anything that will be attacked. It’s a shame.

Advertisement